Secret Agent Entry: Valentine Minitsky

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2009
Secret Agent Entry: Valentine Minitsky

Valentine Minitsky is entered in the "Secret Agent" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Finished Video: Spygum

Last edited by ValenUA : 06 June 2009 at 10:15 AM.

06 June 2009
Work In Progress: Environment WIP

First WIP of our environment. It's a corridor of underground lab or a factory of some sort... Or maybe it's a corridor of a huge underground complex with, labs, factories, rocket silos etc.. Who knows?!

06 June 2009
Very cool environment. Do you have a story in mind for your video yet? Is your entry going to be all cg? Seems like you could really get some nice effects from different color lighting here. Just my two cents. Can't wait to see more.

06 June 2009
Yeah, we have a story in mind, we will show the storyboard a little bit later. And about different lighting colors, I plan to do it, I even put some additional lamps at the top of the columns, if you look closer you can see them. Anyway tnx for comment.

06 June 2009
Very cool. I realize its a WIP, so my only crit would be the "blocks" are repetitive, kinda like a video game.

07 July 2009
Work In Progress: Guard WIP

Here's a sculp of a guard body, whome you will see in our video. He will guard corridor in secret science facility.

07 July 2009
Work In Progress: Guard WIP

Double post... Damn...

Last edited by ValenUA : 07 July 2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: double post.

08 August 2009
Work In Progress: Spy WIP.

Here is Spy sculpt I'm currently working on. As you can see, it's almost finished. I'm now thinking about adding more asymmetrical elements, like different kinds of bags and devices on his belt and other stuff. Plus he will have display device on his left hand.

08 August 2009
Work In Progress: Environment WIP 02

Ok, here is new corridor shot. As you can see I've added some additional red lighting, plus gave more color to textures of the pipes and other stuff. Generally I have only three textures here, metal, concrete and aluminum witch I color corrected in Photoshop and Max. For render I used Mental Ray with FG low preset, no GI, and AA set to High.

I think I need to work a little bit more on hiding textures tile, especially on pipes. And I will add AO and DOF later at the composing stage.

Last edited by ValenUA : 08 August 2009 at 06:56 AM.

08 August 2009
Work In Progress: Gun WIP

Here is a guard gun, that I've modeled couple of days ago. As you can see it's just a bunch of simple shapes tweaked a little bit, I tried to be as fast as possible with it. I think I will add smaller details like bolts, scratches at the texturing stage.

08 August 2009
Storyboards / pre-visualization: Another Environment WIP

Here is one more environment WIP from us. It's just a DOF and AO composing test, that I did in Autodesk Toxik.
I will add additional light source near ventilation to lit it a little bit more, also will do something with huge specular reflection at the celling.

I think this is the last static environment shoot from us, next time we will show some animation and textured characters.

Last edited by ValenUA : 09 September 2009 at 09:12 AM.

09 September 2009
Finished Video: Spygum

Software: 3ds max

Here is the Trailer of our final entry. We finished it just half an hour ago. Making of and Final movie a little bit later.

Play Video >>

Last edited by ValenUA : 09 September 2009 at 04:39 AM.

09 September 2009

SpyGum short making of. Not a lot of stuff here, just some basics models and animation.

Play Video >>

09 September 2009

And here is final video. This challenge was really tough to us, I'm very glad that we manage finish it on time.

Credits:
Valentine Minitsky: Modeling, Texturing, Lighting, Composing.
Maxim Ivanchuk: Camera, Animation, Script & Sound.

We are sorry for poor presentation of our short(title, credits, etc.), didn't have enough time to finish it properly.

Finished at the last hour... I had my hands shaking when I was converting video to flv format.

Play Video >>

Last edited by ValenUA : 09 September 2009 at 04:38 AM.

09 September 2009
great job modeling and texturing! The cloth on the guard's patch and shirt was perfect! Overall great job! Ended a little abruptly, but deadline might have had a had in that. Funny I didn't see that coming, the gum. I laughed b/c the dive roll reminded me of "galexy quest" when one character says to the captain who's dive rolling around, "Is the rolling really necessary?" as they walk behind him. AAaaanyway if you didn't see it nevermind. Great job, and congrats on finishing!

www.agentfx.com

Thread Closed share thread