Secret Agent Entry: Iyi Tubi

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2009   #1
Secret Agent Entry: Iyi Tubi

Iyi Tubi is entered in the "Secret Agent" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Codename: Reine

Last edited by rynoart : 06 June 2009 at 03:07 PM.

Old 06 June 2009   #2
References

After posting up the idea for my story, I look for a large varitey of images that would help me form good ideas to how my character will look.

Old 06 June 2009   #3
Concept / pre-visualization: References

My first set of reference images, which acts as a spring board for how I will my character to look like and to be portrayed as.

Old 06 June 2009   #4
Concept / pre-visualization: Reference 2

My second set of reference images.

Old 06 June 2009   #5
Concept / pre-visualization: Reference 3

My final set of reference images

Old 06 June 2009   #6
Concept / pre-visualization: The look

With those images in mind I started drawing different hair styles, which gave the impression of a bad ass commander. Here is the first set of looks.

Old 06 June 2009   #7
Concept / pre-visualization: The look 2

The final set of faces I shall draw, next I pick the best for and draw add-ons that I think are suitable for the role and position my character is in.

Old 06 June 2009   #8
Concept / pre-visualization: The look 3

Just drawings of sets of facial add ons that may be appropriate.

Old 06 June 2009   #9
Concept / pre-visualization: Bodies 1

After determing the look for the face then modifying the gadget on the face, I have started drawing the full body once again experiementing with which look suits the profile best. What I am looking for is something that says bad ass but also be attractive and represent a leadership role.

Old 06 June 2009   #10
Well done! nice references, keep up..

Old 06 June 2009   #11
Concept / pre-visualization: Final Character design

Here is the final design for my character. I felt this was best because if she had to much gear on show she would seem more like a low ranked soldier rather than someone in charge. Choosing the colour was not hard at all since she is the leader of the black ops

Old 06 June 2009   #12
Concept / pre-visualization: Body design 2

My last session of full body drawings before choosing the final look.

Old 06 June 2009   #13
Concept / pre-visualization: Gadgets

So here are some of the gadgets avaliable to my agent on the run. The headset she uses is designed like a bluetooth headset where the lens and frame folds away when not in use. the gauntlet/arm guard is actual a high tech gprs system which glows blue when it is in use and allow acts as a remote to some of here electronic gear. It also links to PDA. Her gloves serve the special purpose of enabling here to grip to ost services and it also is a directional mic for when she is spying on enemies from far way it also picks up sounds through walls and all of that is fed into her headset.

Old 07 July 2009   #14
Concept / pre-visualization: Composition ideas

At first I had a tone of ideas for the composition, however a lot of them were very cliche to the spy/ secret agent genre. These two in the image above are what such out to me most and makes me truly believe that my character is not your everyday average secret agent. In image 1, you have Reine is a top secret location trying to extract information from a solider who may know who is behind the frame up. And she is doing this the only way she knows how. I like this idea because it shows how bad ass she is cause the alarm is sounding and she couldn't really care less until she achieves her objective. In image 2 she is shown escaping a building that she has just blown up and leaving by jumping out the window. At the same time there are jets firing missiles at her.

Please let me know which one you think is more interesting and visual better to look at, thanks.

Old 07 July 2009   #15
Work In Progress: Comp layout

After deciding which comp to work on, I have just gone and redo it but will everything lining up to the vanishing points. If anything seems irregular please let me know, thanks.

Thread Closed share thread