Character: Nepenthis Dragon

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2003
Nepenthis Dragon

This my latest 3d model, using softimage XSI. This is also the first time I post my work on net, hope you guys can give some comment and advice. Thanks.

07 July 2003
Interesting, i m wonder how its animation will look like?!

07 July 2003
it's a pretty cool model,can i see more pose for ur model??thanks

07 July 2003
pose 2

This is the second pose of my model. Your advice and comments will be apreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Chia Pek Harn : 07 July 2003 at 11:21 AM.

07 July 2003
Nice and original creature you designed here.
But what is that leave doing up there above his head? Protition from the rain ... maybe..

Anyway.. funny

07 July 2003
very nice concept.. what's the plant call again? Monkey's cup or sumthing? izzit based on this plant??
Attached Images
File Type: gif untitled copy.gif (17.8 KB, 47 views)

07 July 2003
>>>singleguy: if i'm not mistaken it's called the PITCHER PLANT!!

nice modeling and concept!!! why not u post up some wireframes and concept sketch???

07 July 2003
thanks for the name wahahaha

07 July 2003
eeeeeeeee i think there's something wrong with the legs!! why don't u try 2 make it like t-rex??? 2 bigger legs 2 stand and 2 smaller legs in front!! i think it will look better!!

07 July 2003
hey nice model u've got there! great textures....

some suggestions and comments tho, the leaf on the head looks flat, and it's geometric edges is easily seen...... if it's a grid, try not use a grid for such modelling next time,

The textures are really great, specially with the bump map. u might wanna add more hue to the wing tho, just like what u did at the area round the neck...... add some purplish color near the edge and limbs..... that'll be more interesting and adds realism.right now it looks flat green....

keep it up!

3D CG Blog at http://kenimate.blogspot.com/

07 July 2003
For those people who wonder why there is a leaf on its back, this picture should answer your question.

I know that this creature is not very well done, especially the wing, if any one who can help me improve my art work, I would be very thankful. Your comment and advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

07 July 2003
For those people who wonder why there is a piece of leaf on its back, this should answer your question.

I know that this model is not very well done, especially the wings. If there is any one who knows how to help me improve my model, I'ld be very grateful. Thanks

07 July 2003
neat

07 July 2003
Agreed great idea for a game character.

07 July 2003
Cool, i just wonder wat did he eat ?! (bcoz the plan eat some little animal too)

share thread