Secret Agent Entry: Nick Harris

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2009   #1
Secret Agent Entry: Nick Harris

Nick Harris is entered in the "Secret Agent" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Work In Progress: NickHarris-secagen-wip-17

Old 06 June 2009   #2
Concept / pre-visualization: Quest for Chocolate Cake-wip1

http://assets.cgsociety.org/challen...6907_medium.jpg

Hope I'm not visiting gound that too many others are walking around in already with this. I was thinking about the early years of 007 and what pranks he may have gotten up to. The plan is to have him and a female counterpart (?) tackling some straightforward quest in a domestic situation, like getting some forbidden cake for instance, but having it be much more complicated and stealthy than the lengths the average kid might go to.
It's only the first stop idea and sketch, and hopefully will develop into something better formed and more involving. At least it's a starting point.

Haven't had any time to browse but am sure that the level of ideas and entries is way up there already. I look forward to when I do have that time, and know I won't be disappointed.

Last edited by Nickillus : 06 June 2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: typo

Old 06 June 2009   #3
hi there. nice concept indeed. but i can't see the chocolate cake yet if you have put it on our image.

about the lighting, i prefer to not using light blue for the left skylight, since the indoor lamp is on, so it's must be night, and it's dark enough. if there is another light outside, maybe it's better to use warm garden/terrace lamp.

.:SECRET AGENT:.

Old 06 June 2009   #4
Concept / pre-visualization: Quest for Chocolate Cake-wip1a

Went a tiny bit further, but yep, I do think I might turn it around to make the cake more obvious.
It's hiding in the kitchen at the moment, and may be hard to spot, even when worked up if I take it forward like this. Composition would be problmatic to make dynamic too.

Old 06 June 2009   #5
Concept / pre-visualization: Quest for Chocolate Cake-wip2

'Do we have to go through this kind of rigmarole to cut the cake every birthday, James?'

Old 06 June 2009   #6
HI Nick!

It's great that you can join this challenge!
I am sure you will be able to come up with something great as usual.
Welcome aboard!

Old 06 June 2009   #7
Talking

WOW Nick! genius idea this is!! ...funny too i like it! have no fear of of this theme being over-used LOL

your sketches are AWESOME! may i give you a little idea?
i don't know if many parents will leave a cake in the middle of the living room so what do you think about this:
use the angle from your first sketch, but let us see it from inside the kitchen (the parent(s) or a stern-looking grandmother or something is sprawled sleeping on the chair (remote probable dangling from her fingers ...heh heh ) and in the forground the yummy iced cake on the countertop! lol .. and of course our two agents! LOL
i like the idea from the first sketch how they look to crouched down keeping an eye on the "guards"

however, you go ahead and do your thing!!! lol i'm sure it will be awesome!
can't wait to see more

Karisa

Last edited by adrephil : 06 June 2009 at 08:25 PM.

Old 06 June 2009   #8
Great idea, Go for it and positive energy to you

Old 06 June 2009   #9
Concept / pre-visualization: Quest for Chocolate Cake-wip3

Thanks for the encouragement chaps, and especially the ideas and feedback. All invaluable.

I'm playing around with differnt angles, scenarios and figure groups. Don't look at for composition, because there isn't any in this as such - it's just me trying to work things out in terms of floor plan etc, really. I'm beginning to think that setting this sort of raid at an evening soiree might be more appropriate, have better 007 connotations and give more scope for fun. There have to be a thousand more things I can do than the feeble hints at spying and gizmos I have so far. Heath Robinson imagery beckons.

Old 06 June 2009   #10
Really nice angles and perspective on all of your sketches so far. The personality of your sketches is awesome... playful yet sophisticated. Can't wait to see more!

Old 06 June 2009   #11
always getting better on each sketch. really great. i like the angle

.:SECRET AGENT:.

Old 06 June 2009   #12
Concept / pre-visualization: Quest for Chocolate Cake-wip4

typohttp://assets.cgsociety.org/challen...4272_medium.jpg

Thanks again for the encouragement, chaps. This previsualisation part is often the most fun bit, playing around with ideas and possibilities. before I get bogged down in how exactly I'm going to put the thing together and maybe even make it work.

Righto then. Change of venue. At a cocktail party this time. As I added characters I began to wonder whether or not I should make them all spies, doing the dirty on each other? Planting bugs, taking sneaky photos, pick-pocketing secrets etc. All neutralising each other in effect - And the only successful mission is the kiddies' quest for cake. Need a whole load more working out to have that even close to showing, let lone working though. Probably be better/funnier with more kiddies running diversionary tactics too.

Last edited by Nickillus : 06 June 2009 at 09:13 PM. Reason: typo

Old 06 June 2009   #13
Thumbs up

wow!! these sketches you're rolling out are just awesome!...i know it will be great. can't wait to see more!!

keep 'em coming nick! lol

Old 06 June 2009   #14
Concept / pre-visualization: Quest for Chocolate Cake-wip5

Gosh, thanks Karisa. Glad you're liking me playing about.
A lot more fumbling around in the half light to do yet before I stumble on the blend I'm looking for. Here's the next fumble.

Old 06 June 2009   #15
Wink

heh heh! this scene is hilarious! i like that he is caught in the act and the expressions on both faces is funny! i think you've got it how you chose to have the spy's body dangling!!
awesome nick! i'm really really liking thisguess now it's just to put your compo together...can't wait to see that !

over an' out!!

Thread Closed share thread