Secret Agent Entry: Lap Pun Cheung

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2009
Secret Agent Entry: Lap Pun Cheung

Lap Pun Cheung is entered in the "Secret Agent" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: A Usurper's Masquerade

Last edited by c780162 : 07 July 2009 at 01:31 PM.

06 June 2009
Concept / pre-visualization: Corporate Espionage

First concept, not too sure about it but better than ought else I had in mind. A spy working for a company blows up rival company HQ is the basic premise of it. Set on Mars, so those two blobs you see in the back are Phobos and Deimos.

Any advice would be welcome as I'm not sure where to take this.

06 June 2009
Nice shot.

I like the flow of the scene. The guy in the right part of the frame might be a little distracting as he is taking up a lot of the foreground. I would probably just pan the camera to the left to include more of that cool car. Maybe have him half getting into the car as he throws away his cig?

Cool idea though! Can't wait to see more.

Ken

06 June 2009
thats realy nice. love the concept. maybe have it look like the shock wave has just hit. so the characers hair is flowing away a little... just an idea.

cant wait to see more.

WARNING: May contain nuts...

06 June 2009
Like the concept.. looking good

06 June 2009
Cool Idea, mars always reminds me of total recall. I'm a fan of the dude in the foreground. I think if he's in the story, like a counter agent or something, it can justify his presence a bit more. I like that you have the standard three points of focus(agent, explosion, foreground man), it balances your composition well, but the foreground man is a bit heavy. Just to see, try lowering the camera, so that all you can see is the foot of the foreground man, maybe combined with rotating the camera like suggested above.

good luck.

06 June 2009
Concept / pre-visualization: Second View

Still not sure really. Made the car a bit more of feature on this one, but I think I want him to be just a little more blended in, more crowded walkway maybe. Another view I'm considering is him inside the car, with explosion in background.

06 June 2009
I really like your second one. Your sketches look awesome.

06 June 2009
This last sketch is the one I prefer; I'd more than likely keep him out of the car. I like this so far!

06 June 2009
Very nice. The POV of this second sketch is really nice.

06 June 2009
Thanks for the replies guys, wonder what you think of the idea of removing the car from the focus, and maybe making it much more crowded so he's less conspicuous? So it'd be a similar viewpoint with lack of car and many more people around him, perhaps slightly closer shot.

06 June 2009
I Like the car. And I like the fact that he is so conspicuous and yet he's calm cool and collected as he walks away. It looks to me like he is calmly taking a last couple puffs on his cig before getting into the car and making his get-away.

06 June 2009
You may be right there crazy3dman, il have to play about with it. Maybe the scifi aspect needs pumpin up just a little lol, so i guess il just play around with it a bit.

06 June 2009
I like your new sketch. It reads a lot better. My vote would be to keep the car. It's off to the side enough that it doesn't distract the eyes. I feel sorry for the dude in the middle of the explosion.

Thread Closed share thread