Secret Agent Entry: Rene Scherer

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2009
Secret Agent Entry: Rene Scherer

Rene Scherer is entered in the "Secret Agent" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: the comp on the final image

06 June 2009
I'm not too shure about where to go for this one but for the moment I like the idea of the classical detective in trenchcoat best.
I think I'll let him have what he was looking for while running away from a crook. hmm, things might change, let's see.

06 June 2009
Concept / pre-visualization: Secret Agent - PreVis

Ok, the look is still not defined but the idea takes up a shape. My spy/agent/detective has got what he was looking for but was seen. Now the crooks are after him and he tries to get away alive.
since the concept is still quite "fluent" I'm quite curious where my inspiration takes me.

insprations so far: different parts of the movies indiana jones, sin city, last boyscout, hellboy, blade runner

06 June 2009
lovin your concept
it's quite in a motion and full of strength
maybe the composition shouldbea little tight to focus on the main story
fascinating idea anyway
looking forward to see your work~^^

06 June 2009
ooo nice concept. cant wait to see the final thing

WARNING: May contain nuts...

06 June 2009
Concept / pre-visualization: PreVis refinement

I'm pretty shure now my story will take place in the mid 1930ies, great depression, high unemployment rate, high crime rate and a sense of criminal energy around every corner... a perfect place for a spy to find out things he is not supposed to.
So my entry will be very classical, but not too reality based. The glas framed street phone didn't fit into that time so it got kicked out. I changed the camera and composition because I think it gives a better focus on the story. Thanks for that advice by the way.

I'm not too shure about the big boss behind the window watching his footmen chase my hero spy though, but...well I don't have to be at the moment.

06 June 2009
Concept / pre-visualization: Clothing reference

I'm modeling some clothes at the moment so I needet a proper reference. I put on some clothes, got in pose, did a terrific (or maybe not so terrific) job taking the photo and even a "better" job cutting out the backgroud. Oh well, its good enough as a reference. :)

WIP coming up soon.

06 June 2009
Hello!

I like the concept so far, as well as the idea of the big boss keeping an eye on his henchmen below. The camera angle reminds me something out of a comicbook inspired movie (Batman, Spirit)-I like that touch.

Can't wait to see more.

06 June 2009
Work In Progress: Modelling Clothes

First rought clothing is done, further refinement will be done in ZBrush. The suit does not have arms jet because there is still a coat to cover them.

06 June 2009
lol at the reference making. : p The render looks pretty elegant by now.

06 June 2009
Good idea with the reference. I know it looks funny but its a really good idea.

However I would set your camera to timer or video and really get into the scene and get some better reference. There isnt much emotion or drama in your pose and the 3d model kind of shows it.

Maybe get a friend to shoot you with a water gun and you will get some real human reaction to someone getting shot at so get some fantastic reference.

Look forward to seeing more

Will.

www.willelliott.co.uk

Polycount Checker Max script

06 June 2009
Originally Posted by irwit: Good idea with the reference. I know it looks funny but its a really good idea.

However I would set your camera to timer or video and really get into the scene and get some better reference. There isnt much emotion or drama in your pose and the 3d model kind of shows it.

Maybe get a friend to shoot you with a water gun and you will get some real human reaction to someone getting shot at so get some fantastic reference.

Look forward to seeing more

Will.

Fantastic idea. I recommend the super-soaker 5000. It packs a punch!!

-Rage

06 June 2009
Funny idea with that water gun, I'll concider that. The reference though wasn't really supposed to reflect an emotion, it was intended to show the folds of the clothing. I was so concentrated looking at that tiny LCD on the camera to get myself in the frame that I made a real crapy expression on my face I can't possibly use for anything but the trash bin

oh I'm so glad this isn't a photo-challenge

06 June 2009
Work In Progress: Modelling clothing

did some more clothes and more are to come.

06 June 2009
Work In Progress: Reference and Inspiration

I used a picture of this car as a reference for my own model that is currently under construction.
This model was made by the Artist: Pixel Inside
The model is called: 1936 Ford Roadster V8 and can be obtained at
www.3d02.com

the rights belong to the author and the reseller.

Thread Closed share thread