Secret Agent Entry: Christopher Bischoff

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2009   #1
Secret Agent Entry: Christopher Bischoff

Christopher Bischoff is entered in the "Secret Agent" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Work In Progress: Environment Test.

Old 06 June 2009   #2
Got a few ideas, but wont be able to really get cracking on this for a few days.

Good luck to all!

Old 06 June 2009   #3
Nice to see you around buddy! good luck!

Old 06 June 2009   #4
Work In Progress: Char 1

After doing some soul searching for a story that will stand out among the other pieces, and also one that I know will challenge and push me, Ive decided to set my spy story in Ancient Egypt. Egypt was constantly at war with other cultures, and I have no doubt that espionage did infact exist in those times. I have a basic storyline, and im working on the boards that ill post up soon-but till then, I thought I'd kickstart the thread a little!

Going to start off with some pretty basic shots of the main character. Nothing to exciting. My scanner is down here, but tomorrow Ill post up the concept drawings for him. ;)

Old 06 June 2009   #5
Work In Progress: Char 2

shot 2

Old 06 June 2009   #6
Work In Progress: Char 2

shot 3

Old 06 June 2009   #7
Work In Progress: WCD

Of course, the best part of any spy story is the gadgets! Setting this in Ancient Egypt has some really cool opportunitys to play around with some awesome machinery! Of course, most of this is completely baseless, and pretty much follows the 'rule of cool'.

The WCD (Wall climbing device) attaches to our spy's gauntlets, and allows him to scale the huge temple walls. They can also be used as a weapon in close quarter combat.

Old 06 June 2009   #8
Work In Progress: WCD

Next in the bag of tricks is the folding arm bow. It folds in and out of his gauntlet, and allows him to fire weapons, grapling hooks, pretty much anything he may need. Im going to have to make it fold up a little smaller than it does now, but this was dont to figure out how it could work. I did the design on paper, but its just easier to figure out the mechanics in 3D.

On a side note, if anyone has any idea how to rig the strings, or the strings of a bow and arrow, I would be ever to grateful!

Old 06 June 2009   #9
very fast progress, cool gadgets so far.

it's not how much you have, it's how little you want

Old 06 June 2009   #10
Talking

nice work so far ......the folding arm bow idea rocks hehehe keep going

Old 06 June 2009   #11
looks cool! green arrow eat your heart out!

Old 06 June 2009   #12
Hey guys,

Thanks for the great comments! I've been playing around with cloth sims, and I'm fairly confident I can make this quite a dynamic character!

As for the arm bow, the idea comes from STRANGERS WRATH (Even the layout of the bow is similar), but Im going to make it alot more compact, so that it can be hidden more easily.

Oh-and I have two names for my spy...perhaps you guys can help me choose. SEFU, which means SWORD, or SHU, which means AIR. His name wont be directly linked to the story, but giving a character a name always helps me when modeling and creating a personality for them.

Old 06 June 2009   #13
Work In Progress: Walking and general rigging....

Trying to get a handle on rigging and cloth simulation. Still a first grade effort, but its getting there! The final will (hopefully) have another layer of cloth on top of this one...something lighter.

I did do a few other more rigorous tests with the rig, but there are some MAJOR weighting issues with the crotch area. I was hoping the cloth would cover up the glitches, but when he does a spin kick, the cloth flies up and shows off his delicates-which right now look like a cat mauled them. Ill fix it up, and put some underwear on him before I continue!

HIT THE LINK FOR THE VIDEO! +- 7 megs.

Old 06 June 2009   #14
NIC RIGG! espectialy the arms area . can you show us a bit more from rigg process?

Is this animation from mocap ?
staszek@staszekmarek.com

Old 06 June 2009   #15
Wow man this is really coming along!! I need to get my act together

Thread Closed share thread