|06 June 2009||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2003
Rendering Displacement map in Maya 2009
Hello, I've been trying to use 32 bit displacement map in maya, and I am very confused.
Here is the issue.
1. Mdeled the base mesh in Maya.
2. Exported it to Z Brush.
3. Sculpted it.
4. Exported altered base mesh as an obj file.
4. Exported 32 bit displacement map using Multi Displacement 3 (DE-LBEK-EAEAEA-R32).
5. Converted it to .map file.
6. Rendered with MR using .map file.
7. Set the Alpha Gain 2.2 and Alpha Offset -1.1
8. Didn't work
9. Tried much higher numbers such as 50 and -25
10. It works.
I am happy that I got the result, but where I am stuck is this.
If I use 32 bit displacement map isn't Alpha Gain value supposed to be 2.2 as the image itself stores real-world scale?
If I am mistaken, please tell me where my misunderstanding is.
Thanks for your help guys.
|06 June 2009||#2|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Hi p0rcupine, perhaps you might want to post a screenshot so we can see what's gone wrong.
visit my blog: www.alessandromastronardi.com
[blog, portfolio and much more ...]
|07 July 2009||#3|
Wellington, New Zealand
Join Date: Dec 2005
No, there is no one number that will work for every model and displacement map. You did the right thing by experimenting with the alpha gain because every model will most likely have a different value.
|Thread Closed share thread|