EXPOSE 7 :: Tutorial

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2009
EXPOSE 7 :: Tutorial

Hey there,

Olivier Charles brings a fanciful view of a fictional Stockholm Library. With a bit of help from some friends, he created an amazing library with light spill, cool airy spaces and banks of wonderful books. For his effort, there was a Master Award in EXPOSE 7 for him.

Last edited by PaulHellard : 06 June 2009 at 04:20 AM.

06 June 2009
very cool! thanks for the explanation on how you set this up! very imformative

06 June 2009
Quote: He started to work with 3ds Max 11 years ago.

Didn't know version 11 was out .

06 June 2009
an interesting tutorial on what i think is a average piece tbh. i dont see how it is a 'masters' work when viewed in the context of other architectural work around today.

06 June 2009
I think the piece is very nice, and it's no doubt professional. But I agree, the term "master" and "masterpiece" are thrown around way too much on CG talk in Ballistic Books. It makes it sound like these artists, who are definitely talented, have worked and sacrificed for 30 years to attain their mastery over 3DS Max and Maya and we are now having a retrospective of their life's work. When in reality, these "masters" are just talented artists,technicians, graphics professionals in their 20's 30's and 40's. The same as the majority of the people posting on CG talk. That's cool and totally respectable. But let's reserve the Surpeme Artist Master of the Universe Titles for another 10 years or so as this very new media is just hitting it's stride now.

Sorry to stray so far from the topic. Cool tutorial, really nice image, thanks for the tips

-Space

06 June 2009
Originally Posted by sinic: an interesting tutorial on what i think is a average piece tbh. i dont see how it is a 'masters' work when viewed in the context of other architectural work around today.

It's probably a 'master' compared to the other pieces in the book. Can't comment on that much since I don't own a copy myself.

06 June 2009
Thumbs up

Its really a masterpiece, i must say...awesome

07 July 2009
Thumbs up hi ther good tut need some help

hi good work and good tut too, but plz tell me one thing hw to use normal map in v-ray as i have done many try it dosnt work with gi in v-ray many people have shown me the idea of using omnis and other direct light
it would be great if i ll get some help from your side
thanks
harsh
www.maxvsneo.blogspot.com

http://maxvsneo.blogspot.com/

07 July 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread