exploring whole new universe //Massive dump of old and recent stuff

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2009   #1
Wink exploring whole new universe

Hey,

I've decided to start sketchbook to seek for advice and learn Drawing and painting on screen have become my passion since December 08, earlier I was doodling from time to time, mostly things that I felt comfortable with.
Now after few odd months of exploring I see improvements and I realised I want more and more.

Without further babbling, enjoy and comment, criticism very welcomed.
Oldies first:
1. My first enviro, some abandoned lab:

2. Painting over sketch, warrior of future tribes:

3.teddy bear hunter

another version, this time pen, early concept:

4. Some pen works done in train (both started with single element around which i was drawing, outcome wasn't planned, thus both are bit weird)

5. Cities in dust, first enviro I'm satisfied with.. march 09

Last edited by SebastianZ : 07 July 2009 at 11:37 PM.

Old 05 May 2009   #2
and the rest:
6. some idea of druid/thief

7. 2x Golgotha for Concept art battle on Polish art forum:

8. Fishy fish speed (we're getting fresh, this one's from um.. april )

9. Project stuff: wolf, bear, dragon and slightly adjusted lady

Old 05 May 2009   #3
10. Fresh stuff: some soldier (randomness ftw.), robot that came out from playing with lasso tool, speedpaint showing mech in snow and same speedpaint pushed further:

It's not even half of what I wanted to throw but I think it's already too much, anyway I hope you'll enjoy your stay here I draw daily, so I'll try to update frequently

cheers!

Old 06 June 2009   #4
You have good concepts here that you could improve adding more volume to the shapes to get a bit of deep, in some works are well worked... like in the /8. Fishy fish speed.
Keep it in!

Old 06 June 2009   #5
thanks for comment stridiggio, I'm trying my best but it's not yet my mindful working and planning. In some pieces I'm succesful, others are crap or made just for experiment. I hope I'll get on the higher level sometime in future and I'll be aware of loads of technique which is involved in making piece of artwork unique and succesful. Meantime I've been experimenting with character concepts.

Dull stuff and hardly started to be honest, I still have huge problem with faces- even tho I got some basics to draw them, I definately need more practice and studying.

Anyway, here they go:

Old 06 June 2009   #6
update!

Can't seem to find enough time to keep my sketchbook updated on regular basis so it will be some kind of dump again...
#1 some speedpaint:

#2 various works done when exploring techniques and trying to establish something i feel comfortable in.. I'm not happy with the results yet but I'll get there

#3 some old stuff I practiced coloring on.. I'm happy with colors but composition sucks:

#4 recent speedpaint and WIP, the latter needs whole lot of work especially in composition and leg dept- I want to get max of boring pose I started detailing

comments and criticism always most welcome!

Old 07 July 2009   #7
not much going on here.

recent stuff:

cheers!

Old 07 July 2009   #8
another wip from the last cyber-girl attempt... got loads of ideas, just need to find one i won't kill with my lack of skills ^^

Old 08 August 2009   #9
some new stuff.. finished cyber-girl portrait:

sci fi soldier:

and something i call "counselor":

Old 08 August 2009   #10
"lack of skill"???? These are AMAZING! I would do anything to be able to paint like that. First I need a tablet.. grr! Well done.

Old 08 August 2009   #11
Hey dude, you have great sense for designing mechanical things. I really love them, great shapes really. Keep up

Old 08 August 2009   #12
thank you very much Shane and Siilion I recently got few concepts to do for HL2 mod (robots & soldiers in armors), it's sci fi so it suits me , here are some pics of work in progress:

Old 08 August 2009   #13
finished the last concept:

Old 08 August 2009   #14
Busy day today, I've managed to produce only two speedpaints, first one inspired by Siilion's value studies- I wanted something monochromatic too hehe

Old 08 August 2009   #15
The last one has sooo nice sense of light. And it's really good to hear I am not alone in the value study class

Thread Closed share thread