Judges are currently hard at work judging all final entries. While we wait, to conclude Dominance War IV, we are keeping this final mini challenge fun, easy and creative. This year's conclusive worldwide 3d mini challenge topic is:
The rules are simple Ė This is a sculpting/modeling challenge, no textures or coloring. Artists are to model the upper body of a single pet in 3d. No multiple creatures in one image and don't include any part of a master/owner in the image. Pets can be a dog, a small dragon, a multi-headed worm, a bear, a pet demon, an undead pixy, a small cute robot, basically anything that is smaller then a bear and can fit into a house. A pet giant robot is not what we are looking for. Pets can be from any time period, any race and any unnatural race (undead, demons, robots etc). Your pet must include your teamís logo somewhere on his body or on his accessories. How you incorporate your team's logo into your entry, we leave this up to your imagination.
You have 9 days (2 weekends plus 5 days) to finish with the following specs:
- Everything for this challenge must be made from scratch. A base model will not be given to you by Dominance War organizers. No preexisting ideas or body models can be used. Starting with a standard primitive object is fine. A sphere, a cube, zspheres, etc are all fine.
- No multiple colors allowed. Everything must be in a single color. Dark and light shades of that single color is acceptable.
- Only show 45% maximum of your pet. Do not create the entire body. Your pet's head, shoulders and arms or front legs are fine. You must blend your pet's remaining body into your pedestal.
- You MUST include a pedestal in your sculpture. A pedestal is not a floor.
- You have unlimited Polygons to create your 3d sculpture.
- You can use any 3d software package on planet earth to create your entry.
- You can use any 3d software lighting package or set up on planet earth to light your entry.
- Artists cannot switch teams during challenges. If you were on Polycountís team in our first mini challenge or main event, you must remain on Polycountís team during this mini challenge.
- As always, entering a mini challenge is optional. It is not required.
- Posting your work in progress in this single thread is ABSOLUTLY MANDATORY.
- You can only submit ONE 1000x1000 (up to 1000x1000. Smaller dimensions are fine) 350k final image and this image must include your team's logo, your War General Pet's name, and your personal name and/or contact details.
- Only 1 entry per person. Do not create or try to create multiple entries with different user names.
- Yes, entering both the 3d and 2d sections of this challenge is fine.
- Final submissions are final. If you upload your final image 4 days before the deadline, do not ask us to change it. Make sure you are happy with your image before you submit it into the system.
- Public voting starts June 3rd and ends June 7th. When public voting is over, each team's best entries are gathered together into a single pool and a grand mini champion will be chosen and announced with all other Dominance War IV event champions in mid June.
Good luck to all those who enter!
Deadline: Monday June 1st 2009 - 11:59pm Eastern Time