Problem with object duration

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2003   #1
Question Problem with object duration

Hi all. I'm still very new to Combustion so I'm having some basic problems. The problem that I'm having now is that I can't get text to stay on the screen past frame one. I've made sure that "All Frames" was selected for the texts' "Default Object Duration" setting, but the text still goes off after one frame. If you can tell me what I'm doing wrong or direct me to where I can find an answer, then that would be great.

Marc

Old 07 July 2003   #2
Hi,

Please check to ensure you are on the latest version of combustion 2.1.1

Secondly you can extend the duration of a paint/text object quite easily.

In Paint, you select your text object and go the the frame you want it to end. You will see that there is still a selection but no text.

Hit the "." keystroke and that will lengthen the text object to the point intime of the cursor.

Regards
Grant

DISCREET UK

Old 07 July 2003   #3
Sweet.

But one more question. What's the "Default Object Duration" setting for if it doesn't extend the duration of the object in question? If you set it for "All Frames" shouldn't it appear in all frames? Or am I thinking about it the wrong way?

Marc

Old 07 July 2003   #4
from my experience the "default object duration tab" only has an effect on your "object" if you set it before you create the object/paint stroke/mask/selection etc. Otherwise you can do as Grant suggested or go into your timeline and manually change each layer/operator in question

Old 01 January 2006   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread