Scene From A Movie :: Event Coverage

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2009   #1
Scene From A Movie :: Event Coverage

Hey there,

Re-creating a Scene from a Movie was the task assigned for game artists in this, the biggest contest staged by the CGSociety's game site. We thought everyone would appreciate hearing from the teams themselves. Click the image to see the winning entries.

Old 05 May 2009   #2
My word, that is such a brilliant idea for a challenge. However did I miss this?

Oh well, congratulations to the winners.

Currently working on...HCR #42

Old 05 May 2009   #3
These all look really amazing! Congrats to the winners you all did a fantastic job!

Old 05 May 2009   #4
Good lord people. Time to take a class in basic page layout. That's the least readible article CGTalk has ever put out. And that's saying something. CGSociety articles in general are nearly impossible to navigate as a reader.

It's like paragraphs and pictures randomly splattered across the page with almost no indication of where one topic ends and another begins.

How 'bout a page break or something between entrants. It's like a where's waldo of information.

---

All the contestants work though is Incredible! Great work all around and congratulations on winning.

Old 05 May 2009   #5
Some truely stunning work came out of this competition. Wow.

Old 05 May 2009   #6
The "Balde Runner" thing is so awesome. Really like to "play" it *g*

Old 05 May 2009   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy
Good lord people. Time to take a class in basic page layout. That's the least readible article CGTalk has ever put out. ...It's like paragraphs and pictures randomly splattered across the page with almost no indication of where one topic ends and another begins.

Not only that, but there are no links to higher-res images? Instead, we are treated to tiny 420 pixel-wide sized thumbnails. It's also hard to tell where the final image is for each contestant. Good way to congratulate the hard working winners.

Old 05 May 2009   #8
Hey, just wanna tell you, that the second beautyshot of our entry (I Am Legend) is stretched, making the scene look a little wonky, would be cool, if somebody could change that. It's the one where you see the car from the back.

Old 05 May 2009   #9
Nice work. (I think)

Where are the links to the final images etc.....

Hmmmmm

turner

Old 05 May 2009   #10
MAN! I have never seen a server time out more than CGSociety's! IT's been better for me lately, but damn, this is one of the few sites I pay dues to. I wish they would fix this crap ... but then again I am sure I'll be told it's just me (again);-)

Old 05 May 2009   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dj
MAN! I have never seen a server time out more than CGSociety's! IT's been better for me lately, but damn, this is one of the few sites I pay dues to. I wish they would fix this crap ... but then again I am sure I'll be told it's just me (again);-)

not just you...Ive been waiting a while for it to load...still a blank page.

Old 05 May 2009   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentle Fury
not just you...Ive been waiting a while for it to load...still a blank page.

Really sux. I hate giving money and then getting aggravated with a service. Grrr ...

Old 05 May 2009   #13
it'd be nice to have more text regarding the process, tips, techniques etc used to create these scenes

Old 05 May 2009   #14
Sorry for the server issues. We're having some load balancing problems so things are popping in and out occasionally.

There are links at the bottom of the article in bold yellow text under the "Related Links" heading, which will take you to where you can find full size images as well as the working threads where you can see the progression of the entries.

Old 05 May 2009   #15
lol! can't believe people are complaining
great article and two very worthy winners!
looks like a labor of love!

well done

Thread Closed share thread