Render Pass Question

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2009
Render Pass Question

Hi i was recently doing a project were i rendered in passes, however i noticed that when i have surface shaders etc they dont effect items on other render layers. i had a surface shader sky dome on 1 layer and an airplane on another, is there any way to render the plane with the surface shader having an effect on it? Also had 3d clouds created with a fluid container is there any way to have the passes show only what would be seen if the master layer was rendered? so that i could render the clouds on a seperate layer so they would seem behind the plane at 1 point and infront at another.

thanks,
martin

05 May 2009
Sounds like you need to look into render pass sets. You may find a better work flow is to have only 1 render layer, and then separate out the different objects with a render pass set.

So you would create a set for the plane, a set for the clouds etc, and then assign whatever render pass you need to each set. So on the cloud set you could assign a beauty pass, and it should output what you see in the master layer, without rendering out the plane.

05 May 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread