www.2advanced.com

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2003   #1
www.2advanced.com

its on all the webdesign forums i've seen except for this one. Version 4 of www.2advanced.com is out. IT has built a lot of hype and some people think it doesn't live up to it. Since this forum is relativly un-exposed to all the hype, what do you think about this website? Also the site makes a lot more sense if you watch the demo reel.

www.2advanced.com

Shaykai

Master & Servant CGtalk challenge entry

Old 07 July 2003   #2
2advanced hasnt ever lived up to any hype because they just rip off every trendwhore facet of 'web-design' and bundle it together in a very average flash site

Old 07 July 2003   #3
poe: They partly defined trendwhore... more likely everyone else rips them.

I'm just browsing the site right now... I don't think it lives up to the hype either. Personally I think the colour choice is, well not particulairy pleasing to put it nicely. It is overall pretty darn nice though. I love the soundtracks, really good ambients. I'm d-loading the reel right now. Will post some more thoughts later.

Old 07 July 2003   #4
people like attik, gmunk, kleber defined trendwhore, 2advanced has always ridden on the back of that and created an homogenised, "design by numbers" mentality that has always defined their site and 99% of client sites they do.

there are very few people i cant even manage a begrudging bit of respect for, but 2advanced are one of those.

Old 07 July 2003   #5
Quote: Originally posted by poe
2advanced hasnt ever lived up to any hype because they just rip off every trendwhore facet of 'web-design' and bundle it together in a very average flash site

Well their server certainly isnt living up to the hype...

Old 07 July 2003   #6
poe: This argument is going nowhere. I also respect attik, Gmunk (very influential) and Kleber. I just think you are discounting 2advanced too much. They have had a lot of influence with many flash designers.

Their server is slow as shit atm.... may pick up in a week or two.

Old 07 July 2003   #7
Their site is 2advanced for my computer, and they ought 2advance their server setup.

hmm...dunno about the christmas color scheme.

Old 07 July 2003   #8
jeeze poe, no need to be bitter.:shame:

I'm suprised most people don't like the color scheme, i think its awesome, of course, red is my favorite color.

As for the servers i'm not suprise they are having issues, thousands of people were trying to access the servers last night, it was crazy, they had a countdown to midnight on the splash page. You can check out some screenshots of it on ultrashock.com

I'm a big fan of 2advanced, and i almost wish they weren't as popular as they are, because now everyone hates them, and even when they release a fantastic site like this one it still gets ripped to shreads by people. I mean constructive critiques are one thing, just bashing fo the sake of bashing is lame.

Well thats my 2 cents

Shaykai

Old 07 July 2003   #9
i hated them way before they were popular

Old 07 July 2003   #10
rofl, that comment owned

LOL

shaykai

Last edited by Shaykai : 07 July 2003 at 05:31 PM.

Old 07 July 2003   #11
actually, the one thing i do like is the colour, i'll give you that much

Old 07 July 2003   #12

Old 07 July 2003   #13
poe what is your problem ? the truth is you are jealous! and that's the truth... did you know that their profits jumped 300% last year ? don't you think that means anything ? if you don't think 2advanced designs incredible websites than you don't know anything about flash design... try desiging a site that even comes close to the quality of their work, then mouth off ! they are one of the top 5 flash design companies, so before you open your mouth, look at what other sites look like compared to the work 2adv puts out...

web/animation designer

Old 07 July 2003   #14
Quote: Originally posted by sebek27
if you don't think 2advanced designs incredible websites than you don't know anything about flash design...

http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20001029.html

Old 07 July 2003   #15
I think you are totally wrong dmeyer... and whoever wrote that article is a complete dark ages moron. Granted, flash does get abused a bit, but so does html and javascript. If we did exactly as the author of that article suggests then we would have such a humongous shithole boring half-assed internet. Try and convince me otherwise and you are a moron too.

share thread