The idea of this series of week long threads is to be an incubator for your sequential
art ideas. This mean you can post ANYTHING that will facilitate the creation of your comic. (This means ideas, scripts, Concept Art, Finished art ) for:
- One panel Strip
- Three to Four Panel Strips
- Comic Book
- Storyboards (NEW!)
- Every Wednesday night a new week long thread will be posted on the CGTalk Daily Sketch Forum called:Wednesday Night Comic Creators Club XXX: MONTH YEAR
This will be the CORE thread, created by the moderator, (that would be me)
- You can post on the core thread anything you want as long as it related a to a sequential art idea
- If yo ualready have a web comic, well SHOW IT to us..
- WIP entries should be on the artists WIP thread. This thread might be hosted on the WIP forum OR...the Member SKETCH Collection
- This is a thread to allow creators to have fun so please feel free post your Comments
- Best Writing
- Best Story
- Best Art
- Most Updates
- Most Views (IE Highest ratings: I want to keep track on who has been getting the highest number of hits on the WIP thread for the comic...more on this later
A monthly comic book has 24 pages. And in order to have enough material for a graphic novel you should need to do 6 issues of a comic.
24 * 6 = 144 pages
This is why most pros do a at least a page a day.
And please if you do comic book, do it in multiple of 2.
Wednesday Night Comic Creators Club 010: December 10 - 16 2008
Hi guys, welcome to the Wednesday Night Comic Creators Club thread.
My advice, KEEP IT SIMPLE
If you think you can't to a full comic book, do a 3 - 4 panel
newspaper strip. 5 - 10 updates a month are more than enough in my book.
And if you are going to do a comic book, do short stories first , since they usually have
4 to 6 pages. Think Twilight Zone, Tales from the Crypt or Amazing Stories for inspiration.