figure drawing...don't wanna do it

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2009
figure drawing...don't wanna do it

So, I was accepted to a very good CG school 2 years ago...and decided not to go. I sort of regret it, as I continue to be extremely interested in CG and effects. I do a lot of it in my own time. I think a big dissuading factor was the emphasis on figure drawing. I studied art way back, and used to be pretty good. But actually don't have much interest in regaining my figure drawing skills. That's not my passion. I like effects and atmospheres. I'd rather animate water than a warrior. Would I be training myself right out of a job if I don't specialize in figures? I guess i sort of believe that there are so many artists who can render humans better than I'll ever be able to do, so why even try and compete with them anyhow.

04 April 2009
You wouldn't be competing with other artists more than upping your own scope. I could be wrong but many artists specialize in other areas apart from characters. Look in the game art design area here. Check this guy out! http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...p?f=39&t=700237 no characters just awesome level work.

Participate in the wip threads here and get your folio rolling.

04 April 2009
Interesting.

Thanks for the link.

04 April 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread