DWIV-2D-Vegasmike-Abomination Mutation

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2009   #1
DWIV-2D-Vegasmike-Abomination Mutation

Latest 5-18-09: FINISHED!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Latest 4-20-09:

Latest 4-16-09:

Latest 4-15-09:

Latest 4-10-09:

Latest 4-9-09:

Latest:

Hi Everyone!

This is my second DW and I hope to improve my skills with all of your comments. I've decided to go with an abomination mutant type of character...I have a basic idea in mind but I wanted to explore silhouettes to see what might happen! Here's a sheet of small roughs I've been working on:

Let me know what you guys think and thanks for stopping by!

Last edited by vegasmike : 05 May 2009 at 02:33 AM.

Old 03 March 2009   #2
I like the one that looks like its pointing its meaty fist at the word "silhouette" down the bottom

Old 03 March 2009   #3
now which shall i choose, i love most of them and can't really single out any.
waiting for your updates, to see more of those demons

SKETCH THREAD

Old 03 March 2009   #4
Here's a bunch of rough ideas I want to incorporate into the demons...nothing too concrete at the moment, just exploring.

Last year I actually did a demon...Whoops! I didn't know they couldn't be demons but I learned a lot! Here's how he turned out...

Here are a couple of other demonic creatures I have been working on recently to hopefully spark some ideas!

I'll have some more refined character designs soon. Looking forward to your feedback and thanks for taking a look!

Last edited by vegasmike : 03 March 2009 at 08:59 AM.

Old 03 March 2009   #5
Holy crap! That was a cool demon you did! A bit shame you were year too early Good luck this time.

Old 03 March 2009   #6
Your final pieces are good, especially the first - love that armour (the other two are still good but could do with some tidying up). I'm not keen on the silhouettes because I think they look too tree-like but I like the centaur guy bottom left of the last lot of sketches. Good stuff, hope to see more.

Old 03 March 2009   #7
damn it, really digg these paintings!! like the demon with the axe, cool expression with his face and helmet

Old 03 March 2009   #8
Great thumbnails! Love the shape of your blade thumbnails, and the 4-armed one looks menacing. For the silhouette ones, I'm partial to the 2nd one in the bottom row for its unnatural asymmetry.

The demon from last year is really cool. I'm looking forward to see what you are going to do this year!

Old 03 March 2009   #9
Demon Studies

Thanks for the feedback so far...Let me know which ones you like!

Navigator Jones, Namnocilis: Thanks for stopping by! Hopefully this latest post will allow you to choose between them more clearly.
Martin Nielsen: Thx!
Baron Impossible: I appreciate your feedback...the tree like designs were mostly scribbles just to spark some ideas. Let me know what you think of these more refined concepts and thanks again! You work is amazing!
Nightblue: Thanks let me know what you think of these!

Old 03 March 2009   #10
Awesome work! I love your Demon from last year.

#9 in your thumbnails is hilarious. It reminds me of a little devil baby.

I like seeing your character development sketches as well.

Character Artist Blog
www.shawnwoods.com

Old 03 March 2009   #11
Great work, I love the way you show your idea development. I'd have to say that I like 7 & 14. They are the coolest designs to me. Looking forward to seeing more.

the cake is a lie

Old 03 March 2009   #12
Great Work!

Great Work!
I love how you show the development. I like very much the asymmetry in all the thumbnails, I'm inspired to play with it in my own design.
Keep the good work!
Best
-----------------
Ricardo Contreras
-----------------
My DWIV thread

Old 03 March 2009   #13
Synectikos: Thanks!
madbot: Thanks for the feedback...let me know what you think of the latest work.
MrRico: Thanks, I was going for asymetrical..I hope to inspire more ideas!

So here's the latest update...refining these guys for the final 6. Let me know what you guys think!

Old 03 March 2009   #14
I really dig the demon in red. I hope the final piece for this challenge will have such movement in it. Looking great so far.

Old 03 March 2009   #15
Alchemy Program

I'm probably the last person to find out about this program but i thought it might help my teammates in generating interesting shapes and sihouette studies. If you haven't heard of it the program is called Alchemy and can be found on their website: http://al.chemy.org/
Check it out!
Xillion: Thanks, I'll make sure to maintain the energy from the piece into my final.

Thread Closed share thread