DWIV - 2D - YamPot - The Dried

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2009   #1
DWIV - 2D - YamPot - Undecided Abomination

Here's my initial sketch for my first entry in DW.

Demon - Abomination

1st attempt: The Dried

When the first set of dimensional rifts opened, the demon lords send forth their hell spawns to swarm Reality. Consisting mostly of mindless undead and minor demons, the swarm managed to overrun almost all of their initial resistance due to their sheer numbers and the element of surprise.

The Dried breed of demons was spawned as a means of dealing with tougher resistance by both the Norms and Machines.

I'll think up of a better/more detailed story soon.

Last edited by YamPot : 03 March 2009 at 06:18 AM.

Old 03 March 2009   #2
Let's see more ideas, i like the stitchy parts of the 3rd sketch.

Old 03 March 2009   #3
[Reserved] - Double post lol.

Last edited by YamPot : 03 March 2009 at 01:27 PM.

Old 03 March 2009   #4
Here's more updates on The Dried. I tried to give it a more 'bulky' look, and added limbs on its' serpent arm for bit more grotesque feeling.

Old 03 March 2009   #5
I started working on a new design for my abomination, trying to have a more gruesome look. The Pede have human/Norm limbs, acquired by mutilating its victims. Contrary to its looks, this beast is extremely intelligent, and is capable of adapting/learning its enemy's weapons/strategies (including stealing enemy weapons).

Old 03 March 2009   #6
Ok, final one for today. I pushed the pede's size up, giving it a 'it digs tunnels into cities' or 'troops transport' look.

And that brings me to...

Old 04 April 2009   #7
My final changes to the details of the worm. I'll be working on the concept art this weekend.

Old 04 April 2009   #8
Hey YamPot, the wurm sketch in 6 is my favourite so far, with its Dune-sandworm feel. IMO, you shouldn't clutter it too much with arms/claws, cause mouths and teeth are good enough on their own.
Good luck and keep them coming.

DOMINANCE WAR IV

DOMINANCE WAR V

Old 04 April 2009   #9
According to your last sketch

This insect-thing always looks distubing to humans like us

Instead of several mouths on his belly just try one, goin' from the top down over the belly. Vertical opening, as if the belly would devour his victims. I would give it a try.

Old 04 April 2009   #10
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread