CGTalk > Community Challenges > Past Mini Challenges (Archives) > Dominance War IV
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 03-17-2009, 11:51 PM   #1
pdriggett
Big Geek
Patrick
Software Engineer
Orlando, USA

Smile DWIV - 3D - pdriggett - MachineScoutSwoopGun

I don't know why this popped in my head, but I'm thinking of a bio-mechanical rodent manning a machine gun turret under a bio-mechanical peregrine falcon mount.

I'm really not going for comedy, it just sounded neat to me. Hopefully I can actually make it a little further in this competition. I have no delusions of winning, this is just a personal challenge for me.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:00 AM   #2
pdriggett
Big Geek
Patrick
Software Engineer
Orlando, USA

First concept page

Old 03-23-2009, 01:07 AM   #3
pdriggett
Big Geek
Patrick
Software Engineer
Orlando, USA

This has been done a few days but I've been super busy. Went more realistic with the machine mouse that will be manning the turret.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
jwelzien
portfolio
Justin Welzien
USA

Great concept. What do you think about maybe making the arms a little more substantial looking? So that he can manage those big guns .

Old 03-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #5
questionmarks
Veteran
Choon
none
Malaysia

maybe a more stylize mouse???
and not sure can bio+machine....better check the rules once again before go further...^^

Old 03-23-2009, 04:33 PM   #6
aelwine
Frequenter

Eric le Dieu de Ville
3D Modeling/Texturing
Japan

since cyborgs are "living body parts mixed with mechanical parts" there is probably nothing from with a cyborg rat and the concept is in fact quite literally following the scout description .
Now about your concept I've a hard time figuring out how it'll not look comical, not that it would be a bad thing though.
But I think if you want to go for a more serious look you should try to add some aggressiveness to your design. You could perhaps elongate the silhouette and add more angles to lose a bit of the cute roundness you've at the moment.
Perhaps make it more look like a rat than a mouse. The mouse has a kind of really cute image that will be a bit hard to lose if you want to get a serious feeling
If you want to go comical after all, then it's another story

Old 03-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #7
pdriggett
Big Geek
Patrick
Software Engineer
Orlando, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelwine
since cyborgs are "living body parts mixed with mechanical parts" there is probably nothing from with a cyborg rat and the concept is in fact quite literally following the scout description .
Now about your concept I've a hard time figuring out how it'll not look comical, not that it would be a bad thing though.
But I think if you want to go for a more serious look you should try to add some aggressiveness to your design. You could perhaps elongate the silhouette and add more angles to lose a bit of the cute roundness you've at the moment.
Perhaps make it more look like a rat than a mouse. The mouse has a kind of really cute image that will be a bit hard to lose if you want to get a serious feeling
If you want to go comical after all, then it's another story

Thanks for the feedback. The only reason I'm hesitant to go from a house mouse to a rat is the size of the creature under the peregrine falcon mount. Right now I have a feeling it has a reasonable chance of fitting, but with a rat its a whole other story. I'll do some sketches tonight and try to ruggedize him a little bit.

Old 03-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #8
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread