DWIV - 3D - Dargon - Demon Princess Thrăx-ha

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2009   #1
DWIV - 3D - Dargon - Demon Princess Thrăx-ha

Alright! Let's do this thing!

I'm going to reserve this first post for posting whatever is the latest image, so you don't have to go though the whole thread to find the new stuff.

I'm going with Demons, with the Prince (princess I believe though) category. For now I'm calling her Thrăx-ha. I believe that with character creation, it's an important step to name you creation - it really helps to define their character as quick as possible.

Finals:

Last edited by Dargon : 05 May 2009 at 05:21 AM.

Old 03 March 2009   #2
First Sketches, playing a lot right now, but this is the general direction I want to go:

Old 03 March 2009   #3
good sketches, i enjoy the demon princess idea, be careful about getting pulled into monotony though (demon princess has been done alot, but i guess so has cyborgs and people with magic D )

I'd love to see a great backstory for her, and of course some badass lava powers

i especially like the head on the left of the page, 2nd one down, that is a very cool look.

Keep going!

Old 03 March 2009   #4
I love where this is going. Lower left is my favorite.

Old 03 March 2009   #5
Thumbs up

Like the tribal looking design on the bottom right, maybe add alittle more "demoness" to it =)
Very easy to read sketches tho nonetheless. Looking forward to seeing where this 1 is going

Old 03 March 2009   #6
hey Dragon
i think about make demon proncess too, but im woried becous on DW is write "DEMON PRINCE" so its a male, and princess is female, so im confused:/ do u think its ok?
greets

Old 03 March 2009   #7
2nd Sketch

Here's a little fuller version of my idea:

Basically, Thrăx-ha is a Demon Princess who is close to human in form, and could perhaps pass as one, if not for the tentacles sprouting from her back.

I'm liking where this is going, but I think I'm going to keep sketching for a while, to refine the idea...

@
jett12: I hope she's a little more unusual now, I'll get started writing a backstory after I've fleshed out her look a bit more...
@inqy: Thanks! I'm going to borrow mostly from the bottom 2, and spring-board from there...
@GregStrangis: More "Demoness" now?
@j4Q: Pretty sure it's OK, there's been some indication from the FAQ threads that it's cool...

Some sleep now, I'll continue the sketches after work tomorrow!

Cheers,

Dargon

Old 03 March 2009   #8
Hey there.. looks awsome, really like the idear about the spout tentacles.. But what is the explanation of the sticks

Old 03 March 2009   #9
I really like this concept and where it's going but I think it still needs further improvement. Without those tentacles she looks like an oriental girl with japanese bamboo swords. Maybe you could add some animal like features to her costume?

Old 03 March 2009   #10
Really good...the idea of the tentacles is very nice...And i love the armor designs. Keep it up buddy

Old 03 March 2009   #11
Sweet idea,nice silhouette as always with tentacles,like the top right one and bottom right one would be great if you could mix those two,could be interesting result.

Last edited by nellement : 03 March 2009 at 11:28 AM.

Old 03 March 2009   #12
you should bend the legs a little, at least one of them to give a floating presence. Her legs look a bit stiff right now, but great design overall.

Old 03 March 2009   #13
Hi guys! Thanks for the comments!

@Vindicate: Thanks! The idea of the sticks were for them to be a bit "totem"-like, which she uses to navigate the swamp, and for combat
@VonMarsch: I'm going to really start working the armour now, get some tribal look to it.
@mrpeace: Thanks!
@nellement: I'll keep that in mind as I work the details on the upcoming concepts.
@ROBOTTANK: I'll keep that in mind, but I think the actual pose will be a bit different, more aggressive. Long way to go before that's a major concern!

Cheers,

Dargon

Old 03 March 2009   #14
The new design looks sweet! Tentacles are sexy. Keep it up!

Portfolio

Old 03 March 2009   #15
this is really cool , keep it up

Thread Closed share thread