DWIV - 3D - DragonSFX - Midnight Fusion

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2009   #1
DWIV - 3D - DragonSFX - Midnightmare

DWIV - DragonSFX - Midnight Fusion

concept sketches to come within the next couple days...

good luck to everyone,
Levi

Last edited by DragonSFX : 03 March 2009 at 08:32 AM.

Old 03 March 2009   #2
so, here is a couple of concept pieces. i still haven't decided exactly which direction i am going... either Demon Abomination or Demon Princess. Only time will tell...

-L

Abomination (includes undead)
Abominations are disfigured creatures and undead who make up 96% of all creatures in demonic dimensions. Abominations do not possess a fusion with any element and during combat, they use weapons or their bare teeth and claws to slaughter their foes.

Demon Prince(ss)
Demon Princes are human sized demons with human-like or alien-like characteristics. If not for a few demon-like body traits (bat wings, horns, tail etc), they could easily pass for a natural intelligent human, alien, elf etc of that kind. Demon Princes, like Demon Lords, can manipulate their inborn fusion of power.

Last edited by DragonSFX : 03 March 2009 at 04:53 AM.

Old 03 March 2009   #3
so... since i wasted a lot of time during the mini challenge, i have made myself a schedule this time around :-]

now all i have to do is stick to it and i should be alright... ;-]

here it is:

weeks schedule

week 1 mar16-20 concept
week 2 mar21-27 model character
week 3 mar28-apr3 model character & uv
week 4 apr4-apr10 model pet & accessories
week 5 apr11-ap17 zbrush character
week 6 apr18-apr24 uv pet & acc/ zbrush pet & Accessories
week 7 apr25-may1 maps/ rig
week 8 may2-may8 touch-up/ render/ Beauty Shot
week 8.5 may9-may11 upload final images to GameArtisans.org

here's to sticking to it!!

:-),
Levi

Old 03 March 2009   #4
ok, so here are two more concepts. Tell me; are 6 breasts too many for a demon princess or an undead abomination?? I thought 4 might look funny...

-L

Old 03 March 2009   #5
all right, i went a different way tonight. i like this one so far, i am not happy with either of the heads yet though...

-L

Old 03 March 2009   #6
ok, so i just spent some time blocking out the beast... she doesn't look so big now. right now she is about 25 feet to the top iof her head... i think i am going to make her another man taller (to about 31/32 feet at the top of the head).

other than that... i am going to work on the head a little more today and then maybe start modeling this week... it would be nice to be ahead of schedule for a day or two... cause i know it won't last :-].

-L

Old 03 March 2009   #7
i started to make some polygons today...

-Levi

Old 03 March 2009   #8
well, this is my last wip for the week. there won't be another one till sunday or monday morning (earliest). :-)

-Levi

Old 03 March 2009   #9
A big dragon with saggy breasts, that's really one of a kind. I think you should spend a bit more time on sketching before delving into modelling. Take your time in the initial part of the creative process and it will definetly pay off, I assure you.
Good luck.

DOMINANCE WAR IV

DOMINANCE WAR V

Old 03 March 2009   #10
hey, thanks.

Actually, she is pregnant as well. i actually wasn't going for a dragon... but it has sort of worked out that way. i am still working on head designs... but i really can't think of anything else to do that would look all right.

i am still trying to think of different angles... i really liked the Orb idea... but i really don't want to do a human type character. i was trying to find something a little more original than doing a elf or a human using magic.

we, will see...

Old 03 March 2009   #11
so, i have been trying to think of a way to get away from the "dragon" look and back towards a "demon lord" look. over the weekend a friend of mine had star wars playing and the monster that they were going to feed han and luke and and everyone too on tatooine gave me an idea. so i am trying out the "mouth full of teeth" thing for a while. and see how it looks.

-Levi

Old 03 March 2009   #12
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread