environment: monolith

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07 July 2003   #1
environment: monolith

this is a fun project. after Apple showed us the G5, I got this
idea. i hope you like it



14 lights, no GI. done in cinema4d and photoshop (text). here is the short WIP.

Last edited by mattin : 07 July 2003 at 10:49 PM.
 
Old 07 July 2003   #2
heh, macs takin over the world... ha

Nice work tho, good lighting too looks like its there (despite being the content being so fake)
__________________
Broken, but everyone seems to like it that way
 
Old 07 July 2003   #3
the apple sign on the building is a bit unclear
 
Old 07 July 2003   #4
ehhhhh wicked style.... i like it... !!
__________________
Mario Rothenbühler
Felderhofstrasse 7
3360 Herzogenbuchsee
Switzerland
www.3D-Artist.ch
 
Old 07 July 2003   #5
hmm, i really like this, but maybe if you rotated it a bit it wouldn't be mistaken for a building (i think it's pretty clear though)
 
Old 07 July 2003   #6
Quote:
the apple sign on the building is a bit unclear [...] ...it wouldn't be mistaken for a building


jepp, that is true. but that was the basic idea. you have to ask yourself the same question as the scientists in the small container: "...what is it....?"
 
Old 07 July 2003   #7
loks good, the front of PC seems to be lacking some details, but its ahrd to see from that angle, the apple symbol could be defined a little more as well
 
Old 07 July 2003   #8
schalt ma dein Deutsch ab, dat heisst lights

good work, i don't like macs but this is a really nice scene, and a pretty cool idea
__________________
bonus vir semper tiro

some timelapsed videos
 
Old 07 July 2003   #9
Quote:
schalt ma dein Deutsch ab, dat heisst lights

ROFL, hey i didnt sleep last night

Quote:
good work, i don't like macs

poor boy :P

Quote:
this is a really nice scene, and a pretty cool idea

thank you
 
Old 07 July 2003   #10
why does everyone always do mock mac commercials..
well i guess the question would be whu did you do one.. I know that some people really really really really like thier macs, and by being really dedicated to one type of computer or OS, or 3d program some people feel sort of elite or more in touch with that particular comunity... but its gone to far damnnit!! There just tools to get the job done, in the end it dont matter what you use!
do a commercial for your local beer company or somethin.. at least they will thank you for your time..
and give you beer too i bet
oh and sorry if im way off the mark here.... the truth is i just felt like ranting..

oh and the image itself is pretty sweet... i definitly like the sunset one the best in the wip....
 
Old 07 July 2003   #11
Quote:
Originally posted by PaxtonGerrish
why does everyone always do mock mac commercials..
well i guess the question would be whu did you do one.. I know that some people really really really really like thier macs, and by being really dedicated to one type of computer or OS, or 3d program some people feel sort of elite or more in touch with that particular comunity... but its gone to far damnnit!! There just tools to get the job done, in the end it dont matter what you use!
do a commercial for your local beer company or somethin.. at least they will thank you for your time..
and give you beer too i bet
oh and sorry if im way off the mark here.... the truth is i just felt like ranting..

oh and the image itself is pretty sweet... i definitly like the sunset one the best in the wip....


I totaly agree with you on that bro. I mean you have once your in your program weather its on Mac or PC its the same. and the and the basic user interface is the same (mouse Keyboard).
__________________
If you were touched by an Angel call the Police

I intend to live forever. So far so good
 
Old 07 July 2003   #12
mac simply isn't the computer for my desktop, however if i was to get a laptop it'd prolly be a mac... but That doesn't look like a G5 up thar.... the front... its all wrong!!
 
Old 07 July 2003   #13
please! no flame thread!

Quote:
why does everyone always do mock mac commercials..

i dont know. my reason: i am a apple fan and love my mac. and this is what i think about G5: .."one kick ass machine"

hey guys, take it easy

Quote:
That doesn't look like a G5 up thar.... the front... its all wrong!!

what do you mean? i took this for textures!?

Last edited by mattin : 07 July 2003 at 05:34 AM.
 
Old 07 July 2003   #14
just a suggestion

I like the whole idea (for what it's worth). The only thing I would say, would be -- if this were an ad, the company would probably want more attention brought to the logo....perhaps if you made it glow a bit, or did something with the lighting to bring the focus onto it. Otherwise, great design, good modelling and nice compositing
__________________
www.mikedine.com
For all your Mike Dine needs.
 
Old 07 July 2003   #15
yeah! i like it very much, good idea!!!
__________________
www.tobiasth.com
 
  share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.