Mechanical rigging challenge

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2009   #1
Mechanical rigging challenge

Hi Todd!
how is going? Are you planning any new challenge? any chance for March?
I could not take part to the last one, hope to have time for this one

Cheers,

Ila

Old 02 February 2009   #2
Awww, man. I thought this was a new challenge. Wouldn't mind doing a mechanical challenge. Anywho, when is the next challenge?

Old 02 February 2009   #3
May I look like Todd? I don't have beard, I'm pretty sure about that
Sorry, it's my fault, I probably opened a thread in a wrong place. I was impatient to know something about that.

Ila

Old 02 February 2009   #4
lol, glad you dont look like me...its scary enough being told I look like a bunch of musicians...most recently James Hetfield, which I still cant figure out how they saw that one.

Anyways, I am planning a new one, gotta find a good model for it first. I like the idea of a mechanical challenge actually, since we have been doing organics all the time.

It will probably be the first of April when it kicks off, mainly because of my up coming workshop and how busy things at work have been.

What is everyone intersted in doing...mech/robot, vehicle, machinery???

-todd

<.|.. My comments are not those of my employer(s)

Old 02 February 2009   #5
I say Mechs, robots or machinery, not vehicles.

Old 02 February 2009   #6
Wouldn't mind doing a mech.

Old 02 February 2009   #7
I would be interested in mech or vehicle.

Old 02 February 2009   #8
Originally Posted by twidup: lol, glad you dont look like me...its scary enough being told I look like a bunch of musicians...most recently James Hetfield, which I still cant figure out how they saw that one.

Anyways, I am planning a new one, gotta find a good model for it first. I like the idea of a mechanical challenge actually, since we have been doing organics all the time.

It will probably be the first of April when it kicks off, mainly because of my up coming workshop and how busy things at work have been.

What is everyone intersted in doing...mech/robot, vehicle, machinery???

-todd

Look like a rock star is not to bad, there is something worse . Out of curiosity, what do your friends usually do in their spare time?!

Anyway, every kind of mechanical challenge is fine for me. Could be interesting to study a quadruped robot (I'm not really familiar with mech setup, It's a good opportunity to get more close).

Cheers

Ila

Old 02 February 2009   #9
I wouldnt mind something with tracks, havnt had the chance to do that yet
Or maybe a 6 legged mech with crazy moving artillery?

Certainly wouldnt mind doing somekind of steampunk war machine! But I guess we would have to get lucky with models there to be so persific

Old 02 February 2009   #10
Any of these suggestions would be nice. I personally would love to get may hands on this.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...p?f=43&t=728561

Old 02 February 2009   #11
I'm intersted in doing of machinery, robotic, vehicle and mechanical rigging.

Kito Rigging Challenge

Old 02 February 2009   #12
I'm pretty new to Max, but I've been fascinated with the Steam Punk genre for quite awhile now...
I'm in the process of creating a steam-powered Cat robot, but I am having a hard time finding good tutorials for rigging gears, u-joints, hinges, etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated..
I plan to enter as many challenges as I can to improve my skills, so count me in!

Old 02 February 2009   #13
correct me if i am totally wrong, but i remember someone saying that the HMC Steampunk models were going to be used for a future rigging challenge. Anyone else recall seeing this?

Old 02 February 2009   #14
not sure about the steampunk one, Roberto and I had discussed it during the halloween comp last year, but most the modelers dont want to give up their models. Thats why most come from William Vaughn, as he is nice enough to give out free ones all the time.

I havent had time to work on modeling anything myself, trying to get some time, as I have a few ideas for things I want to try.

As for the friends questions, most either drink, watch movies, a few snowboard, a few are musicians. I have a family, so most of my time is spent with them, and watching movies....along with getting back in shape.

I am more intersted in seeing an intersting mech to rig, I have a great idea, just no time to model it(nor good design skills any more)

-todd

Old 02 February 2009   #15
Originally Posted by chimchim5040: I'm pretty new to Max, but I've been fascinated with the Steam Punk genre for quite awhile now...
I'm in the process of creating a steam-powered Cat robot, but I am having a hard time finding good tutorials for rigging gears, u-joints, hinges, etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated..
I plan to enter as many challenges as I can to improve my skills, so count me in!

send the model, I will get it converted over to a couple formats and we can use it...then you can see how a bunch of others would rig it as well.

-todd

Thread Closed share thread