Imagination

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2009   #1
Imagination

To me, surreal is the unfettered imagination changing elements around us in unexpected ways. This is one such idle moment in the lives of two students sitting in a school library. Their imaginations are separate, and opposing, yet the same. Their boring reality is transformed into the surreal.

I tried to feature landscape as most of the inspirational images did. Other than that, I just painted. I can't afford Photoshop, so I don't know what all that business about ambient occlusion was, but I tried to keep the lighting diffuse. The supplied color palette seemed too vibrant, so I found myself toning it down somewhat to unify things. Everything is painted freehand in Painter. I hope it is well received.

Old 02 February 2009   #2
Great job!

This is one of the best concepts yet! I love the bookshelves turning into the castles. You did a great job. Ambient occlusion is a rendering technique used in 3d packages.

Old 02 February 2009   #3
very good concept man! one of the best works till now
good luck

Old 02 February 2009   #4
Strong idea! Very interesting concept. Good luck!

Old 02 February 2009   #5
I like the table "legs" and the rivers joining.

Old 02 February 2009   #6
Smile

Very creative and beautifully painted! I love how your sky also has the look of the typical ceiling lights.

Old 02 February 2009   #7
Thanks for the compliments.

It's great how you get input from all over the world here.
ElChristopho, thanks for the tip. I'll have to try a 3D program so I can at least become familiar with all the terms.

Old 02 February 2009   #8
Thumbs up I can't afford photoshop either...

I love the whole picture, but the detail that struck me the most as a really good surreal concept; is the ceiling/sky... Very nice and suttle poetic touch.

Old 02 February 2009   #9
There is a lot going on here, the size doesn’t do it justice. I love the ceiling lights.

Old 02 February 2009   #10
This is, creatively, my favorite entry so far.

Old 02 February 2009   #11
Thumbs up

Nice concept.. like it.

Cheers.

Old 02 February 2009   #12
very Nice concept,the idea is very close to yerka ,i like all the details,good luck

Old 02 February 2009   #13
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread