Photoshop Brushes in Painter

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2009   #1
Photoshop Brushes in Painter

Greetings

I have seen so many Brushes for Photoshop that are really great and i wanted to kno if you could use these Brushes in Painter because you can also use Photoshop Brushes in gimp.

A Nother Question i have found a Plugin vor Photoshop that can make any Image in to Kaleidoscopes do any of you know such a Plugin for Painter??

Greetings Lhiya

Old 02 February 2009   #2
Originally Posted by Lhiya: Greetings

I have seen so many Brushes for Photoshop that are really great and i wanted to kno if you could use these Brushes in Painter because you can also use Photoshop Brushes in gimp.

No, Photoshop brushes can't be used in Corel Painter. However, we can create our own custom brush variants in Painter using far more brush controls than are available in Photoshop.

Since some Photoshop brushes are based on images, you should also know that we can do that in Painter as well.

In Painter, they're called Captured Dab brush variants as we select and "capture" an image and Painter automatically creates a JPG file and when we save the custom brush variant, Painter gives the JPG image file the same name as the brush variant .XML file. Then the JPG image is used to describe the brush dab shape and opacity when we paint.

Possibilities for creating custom brush variants are unlimited in Corel Painter and it's a lot of fun to create and use our own custom brush variants.

I used one of my custom Captured Dab brush variants to paint the background image on this page on my PixelAlley site:

New Tips and Tutorials by Jinny

Check this thread at Conceptart.org's Painter forum to read more about Captured Dab brush variants and see more of my demo images:

Quote: A Nother Question i have found a Plugin vor Photoshop that can make any Image in to Kaleidoscopes do any of you know such a Plugin for Painter??

Greetings Lhiya

A lot of Photoshop-compatible plugins can be used in Corel Painter so you might want to let us know which plugin it is. Then, if anyone's already using it in Painter, they can let you know.

Also, there's a Dynamic Plugin Layer in Painter that allows us to create Kaleidoscopes.

Here's a thumbnail of one of my kaleidoscopes done last year, probably in Painter IX or IX.5 (I have so many Painter versions installed on my computer, sometimes it's hard to remember which one I used for a particular image):

Click thumbnail to see the larger version

And another done in Painter IX:

Old 02 February 2009   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread