Free Motion Builder !!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2003   #1
Free Motion Builder !!

look at www.kaydara.com/mailing/FBXQT_survey/index.html

Use Motion Builder one year for free!

Old 06 June 2003   #2
Now this is truly awesome. What's it going to take to get these other companies to realize that this approach works.

DOwnloading as I type

Old 06 June 2003   #3
thanks guy. this is realy great.
now i'm downloading it.

Old 06 June 2003   #4
Guys, why do you keep posting Motion Builder stuff in the LW forum????

PLEASE POST ALL MOTION BUILDER STUFF IN THE MOTION BUILDER FORUM.

Old 06 June 2003   #5
uhhhh this the Motion Builder Forum

Tell you what though. The LW forum is becoming more of a dictatorship. Which is what CGtalk has a right to make it if they wish but I find it less appealing than when it was ok for people to speak freely about other programs and the like even if it started few aguments. Now if you metion luxology or whatever boom thread lock or deleted.

Im tired of the LW police in that forum.

Last edited by tOd : 06 June 2003 at 04:45 PM.

Old 06 June 2003   #6
Er, Leigh moved the thread to this forum. And it makes sense to keep on-topic in each forum, otherwise, what's the use of splitting up the forums? Why not just have one big forum?

Old 06 June 2003   #7
It makes perfect sense to post this in the LW forum. LW's animation tools are horrid. Why would a Motion Builder forum, where people already have the program, be the place to post this? Wouldn't it be better to post it in a forum where people don't have it, and need it?

Vic

Old 06 June 2003   #8
Leigh,

I only posted my motionbuilder thread in the lightwave forum because i saw other threads there. i hadn't seen any moved i.e. policarpo's thread, so i thought it was okay.

sorry

Old 06 June 2003   #9
Quote: Originally posted by Ibanezhead
It makes perfect sense to post this in the LW forum. LW's animation tools are horrid.

Vic

I wouldn´t go so far to call them horrid. they might be far from perfect but horrid is a term peoples use when they just don´t know how to use the tools to do what they want. It might not be the easyest to do character animation in LW but it´s still possible. I also use MB and LW and Maya by the way and I get the tools that make my workflow faster and more efficiant. But you use MB too, and by your post I think you sure don´t use LW, so how can you tell how good or bad LW´s animationtools are when you mostly hang around in Maya or 3DMax forums. What ever Package you use, it must suck as badly as LW otherwise you wouldn´t use MB or did I miss something here?

Nevermind I wish I could afford all Software out there because every Programm has tools that do better than others.
Happy animatin´.

Old 06 June 2003   #10
Quote: But you use MB too, and by your post I think you sure don´t use LW, so how can you tell how good or bad LW´s animationtools are when you mostly hang around in Maya or 3DMax forums. What ever Package you use, it must suck as badly as LW otherwise you wouldn´t use MB or did I miss something here?

Actually, I've owned LW for 3.5 years. I no longer use it, though. I also own Maya, and use Max at work. I bought the Digit mag to check out MB to see what all the hype is about, but actually haven't used it yet for anything, and probably wont, unless there was some reason to.

I just responded to this thread, because I thought it was stupid that it got moved from the LW forum to here, when it is obvious that people who don't own the package are the ones who need to know about a free version of it, and not those who already have it.

Vic

Old 06 June 2003   #11
Quote: Originally posted by Ibanezhead
Actually, I've owned LW for 3.5 years. I no longer use it, though. I also own Maya, and use Max at work. I bought the Digit mag to check out MB to see what all the hype is about, but actually haven't used it yet for anything, and probably wont, unless there was some reason to.

I just responded to this thread, because I thought it was stupid that it got moved from the LW forum to here, when it is obvious that people who don't own the package are the ones who need to know about a free version of it, and not those who already have it.

Vic

Good point. I must have misunderstood your intension. sorry, my fault. Think I got carried away.

Old 07 July 2003   #12
No problem ...

Vic

Old 07 July 2003   #13
I downloaded mine yesterday, I heard that you will recieve an email with the key. I haven't yet. How long does it take?

Old 07 July 2003   #14
A few minutes.

Old 07 July 2003   #15
Quote: Originally posted by d4rk
I downloaded mine yesterday, I heard that you will recieve an email with the key. I haven't yet. How long does it take?

You have to install it first, it requests the key from the install program. After that it only took a few minutes for the key to come when I did it.
Dan

Thread Closed share thread