Character:Dunno

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2003   #1
Character:Dunno

Ok heres a a wip of a character ive started working on yesterday.
Since i dont have a background story for him till now i called him Dunno .The used software is Ligtwave and i would like to get critiques about the overall look of the head and about the meshflow .

EE

Larger shaded view here ( 54 kb ) ->
http://www.evildesignz.de/DunnoShaded.jpg

Old 06 June 2003   #2
Dont ask me why but i tend to get no replies when i dont push my wips to top again by myself
... and to your question its all quads ( 933 ) and it would be nice if you would take the time to draw around in my wip to show me how you would like the proportions to be

EE

Old 06 June 2003   #3
I myself would bring cheekbones a bit more forward so they would show up more. Looks a bit odd to me right now with out those cheekbones. But then again, it's a creature so I don't know it's anatomy

Old 06 June 2003   #4
hmmm, I think, maybe you should tighten up the edgeloops under his eyes and, in turn bring out/forward the cheekbone (y axis) as well. Also bring out the jaw line (in the x axis, maybe a little y, too) . . . right now his features seem a little to flattened, like his head was squished from the sides (no offense, I just couldn't think of another way to describe it). Lastly, I think the back of his head and neck should be brought forward as this also seems to contribute to the "flattened" look . . .

However, your overall mesh flow is great and should make for good animating and deformations. . . keep up the work, bro.

Peace.

Old 07 July 2003   #5
Ok i havent had any much time to work on the modelling in the last days ( only tweaked a lil here and there ) but i just made a lil avi that may make it a bit easier to comment and point out problems

@sensai : sorry man i havent seen that you replied. many thanks for the crits but could you maybe take one of my pics and scribble in what you mean should be changed ( i am having problems understanding anatomy advice in english ).

www.evildesignz.de/test.avi
276 kb

EE

Old 07 July 2003   #6
Is this creature supposed to be a happy cheerful demon like creature? If so, I think the other crits should be benefitial. If not, I would work with the eyes and his nose. I think the bridge of the nose is a little too narrow, it makes him look weak, even with the massive neck muscles. Any creature that would develope into such strong neck muscles should have a strong jaw line and more toned facial features, ie stronger eyes, defined neck, solid cheek bones, maybe a vein popping out of forehead, rough skin. If you are going for the friendly type, I would shrink down the neck, if you want the strong nice guy thing, I would still add the muscle tone and give the nice guy look through the eyes and mouth.

Old 07 July 2004   #7
Originally Posted by EvilE: Ok heres a a wip of a character ive started working on yesterday.
Since i dont have a background story for him till now i called him Dunno .The used software is Ligtwave and i would like to get critiques about the overall look of the head and about the meshflow .

EE

Larger shaded view here ( 54 kb ) ->
http://www.evildesignz.de/DunnoShaded.jpg

It can open but see . Why ? Deleted ?

Old 01 January 2006   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread