CGTalk > Software > Autodesk 3ds max > 3dsMax SDK and MaxScript
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  
Old 01-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
Callbacks problem

For some reason callbacks behave differently when excuted from a script then when executed from the listener window. The problem i am having is when assigning a fileIn #filePostOpen callback. The callback refuses to load the script when i ser the callback from script, but it works fine when i do the same thing in the listener window.

callbacks.addscript #filePostOpen fileName:("path...") id:#new persistent: true

I get a callback fileIn exception when i set the callback from script.

Anyone know why this happens or a good workaround?

Old 01-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
Lord of the posts
Richard Annema
Caustic Graphics / SplutterFish
Groningen, Netherlands
think we might need more information than that.. what's the script you're trying to set it in?

the below worked fine, at least...

-- just a file to work with f = createFile "$temp\\" format "print \"TESTING, 1 2 3\"" to: f close f -- set up callback in listener callbacks.addscript #filePostOpen fileName:("$temp\\") id:#new persistent: true -- save the max file saveMaxFile "t.max" -- load the max file loadMaxFile "t.max" "TESTING, 1 2 3" true -- hey presto -- remove the callbacks callbacks.removescripts() saveMaxFile "t.max" -- make sure it's gone loadMaxFile "t.max" true -- good, good -- now for a non-listener test... a button! rollout roll_test "test" ( button btn_test "test" on btn_test pressed do ( callbacks.addscript #filePostOpen fileName:("$temp\\") id:#new persistent: true ) ) createDialog roll_test -- press button here -- ... -- no errors, let's continue saveMaxFile "t.max" loadMaxFile "t.max" "TESTING, 1 2 3" true -- hooray!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #3
The script is saved to a network address

Using "doesFileExists" results in true however setting a callback with that path using a script gives me callback filein exceptions.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
In the end i decided to not use an external script but instead build the script into the callback. I never found out why i couldn't get the ms file to load properly.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread