The Green Eagle

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2009   #1
The Green Eagle

Hello this is my second entry , i have to say that was tremendous work this time i wasnt create a pattern of leaves , instead i scale and rotate and put each leave that you see in the green eagle , and plus puttin 4 tones of green material , to be more natural , i have to say that took me a loot of days putting each leave , it was almost imposible to finish i almost resign this project but at last i finish , it was made with a lot of patience believe me , all days , contnuosly , well ...made in 3d max zbrush photoshop and combustion ,and i have to model a eagle in zbrush and start putting each leaf in the model , this is my best work of leaves , but i wont do it again in my life !...well you know doing that can make anyone crazy ,
i hope you will enjoy my work ...Smiljan66

Last edited by smiljan66 : 01 January 2009 at 09:17 PM.

Old 01 January 2009   #2
looks good....but not surreal at all....and the "leaves" are still very uniform

Old 01 January 2009   #3

thanks anyway you point of view i like the leaves as it is , and my surrelist goal with this entry was ok to me , but i think is surrealist , and ok i can say is not all 100% surrealist but is ok with me thanks for the appreciaton

Last edited by smiljan66 : 01 January 2009 at 12:12 AM.

Old 01 January 2009   #4
From the wiki: Surrealist works feature the element of surprise, unexpected juxtapositions and non sequitur

So from that description I also don't think this is very surreal. Unique...definitely. But then again I'm no art major lol. Maybe try putting the eagle into an environment he wouldn't normally be seen in? Or maybe make the tree surreal as well?

I do like THIS IMAGE and think that that one is a perfect example of surreal work. The simple fact that you have a ladder there when the person "trapped" could easily climb the tree makes it surreal in my eyes, though I may be interpreting the wiki a bit to literally...again I'm no art grad.

Also, despite what anyone says in thier critiques, and in who's thread they say it in, it's not your place to correct them. Mods are here for a reason. I do understand your emotion, though, but don't bite the hand that feeds you. Once you hit the submit button you subjected yourself to any and all critisicm, despite the fact that you didn't like the feedback you received...you asked for it.

Last edited by ArtisticEndeavors : 01 January 2009 at 07:48 PM.

Old 01 January 2009   #5

Last edited by smiljan66 : 01 January 2009 at 08:33 PM.

Old 01 January 2009   #6

Last edited by smiljan66 : 01 January 2009 at 08:34 PM.

Old 01 January 2009   #7

Last edited by AdrianLazar : 01 January 2009 at 08:49 PM.

Old 01 January 2009   #8

Last edited by smiljan66 : 01 January 2009 at 12:13 AM.

Old 01 January 2009   #9

Last edited by AdrianLazar : 01 January 2009 at 08:49 PM.

Old 01 January 2009   #10

Last edited by smiljan66 : 01 January 2009 at 12:08 AM.

Old 01 January 2009   #11

Last edited by smiljan66 : 01 January 2009 at 12:09 AM.

Old 01 January 2009   #12
check your pm box
Originally Posted by smiljan66: well your word crap will be reported to administration of cg society so watch your words pal

Next time you decide to make posts out of anger....think again. That way you don't have to edit them out before you start reporting posts to the admins that were spurred on by the posts you've erased. Accountablitly is a trait that is often ignored in todays society.

Last edited by ArtisticEndeavors : 01 January 2009 at 09:12 PM.

Old 01 January 2009   #13

Old 01 January 2009   #14
Please do! The only thing I've done so far is go off topic with this post and the one before. The boy that cried wolf was my favorite bedtime story as a child! And its a shame you didn't read my pm, but lets be honest....I didn't expect you to. Accountability is a great way to measure a mans worth. Continue to think others are wrong or out of place with what was said while you pretend you've done nothing. The other guy might have been out of place...I dont know I didn't read his post, but I can almost asure you that if he did attack you it was a direct result of the words you used in the posts you've erased. Seeing as you didn't read my pm I'll reiterate a part of it here: If you want respect you should try giving some respect.

Last edited by ArtisticEndeavors : 01 January 2009 at 10:00 PM.

Old 01 January 2009   #15

Thread Closed share thread