Spitfire Mk VIII

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2002
Spitfire Mk VIII

Hi there! Thought I'd post a render of my Spitfire. Actually in the process of redoing all of the maps but thought I'd share it with you all. Comments and suggestions most welcome.

Cheers

01 January 2002
It's beatifull man!!!!! Nothing to comment here

Cyborg Check it out

01 January 2002
If you're intending this to be in a historical animation, you'll have to dirty this up a ton -- although I realize you're reworking the textures.

As far as the modeling goes, it's super detail. The only thing that looks suspect might be the tapering of the horizontal (elevator) part of the tail. I think it's a bit fatter in the front, but the models I'm used to seeing may be different.

I've always loved the Spitfire. Nice job!

Good luck on the texturing!

Alec

01 January 2002
ahhh another beautiful airplane! wireframe! wireframe! wireframe! Also, post more pics from diff angles...more high-res too! excellent modeling and texturing

~Min

01 January 2002
sweet, looks great so far, now get some spec maps on that puppy. I'd say thats the only thing that stands out right now. The highlights are too uniform. Great modeling, maybe get a little more weathering on some of the parts. The leading edge could use a little beating up. Repost when you get those maps redone.

-arai-

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread