Easter Island (Steampunk CGChallenge), Theresa Ryan (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2009
Easter Island (Steampunk CGChallenge), Theresa Ryan (2D)

Title: Easter Island (Steampunk CGChallenge)
Name: Theresa Ryan
Software: Photoshop

Easter Island: during Victorian times, an insane scientist set up shop on a remote island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, where he intended to build a colossus that would rival that at Rhodes. The Scientist's weakness for cute squirrels led to his downfall, however, when he contracted rabies and died violently. Some hundreds of years later, Easter Island was discovered by explorers....

This was one of my concepts for the Steampunk CGChallenge and while I didn't enter this one- I liked it enough to want to finish it....

01 January 2009
Nice light and colours. : ) love the part about the Squirrels.

01 January 2009
Thank you! It loses the detail at this level- looks much better close up, I think....

I appreciate your words

01 January 2009
I think your drawing is really cute! And your explanation is even cuter, hahaha!

01 January 2009
Thumbs up

nice and cute concept" all the best in the challenge.

ARX AVARI

01 January 2009
Stunning .. 5* from me

01 January 2009
Fionabus : I love squirrels! I live in Ireland where there's no rabies, so when I go over to America (I'm half American), everyone keeps warning me not to touch any 'wild' animals....but the squirrels are so cute! I'm convinced I'll have an end not unlike the insane scientist.... 'ooh, cute squirrell...'

AikSern: This isn't actually the entry I'm entering! That's coming soon.....this was an offshoot- a concept that I did for it- it didn't really fit the 'legends and myths' part properly, so I went with a different one.

Artist-Lounge: Thank you! I hope others follow your lead..!

A close up:

Last edited by paperclip : 01 January 2009 at 10:40 AM.

01 January 2009
Looking pretty good man.

regards

01 January 2009
Great story and even better image! Beautiful!!

01 January 2009
I'm always very fun of this image Peppie... my prefered one... don't know why...

make me that make me think to many things, dreams... don't know... but I appreciate it so much... always

also congrats for the bull... also a great realization... bravo... superb challenge... very creative mood

01 January 2009
nice

this is coooool i love the colors great job man

01 January 2009
ejazahmad:: I love them too. I'm trying to make my work more colorful these days- this is SO different to the actual piece I submitted for the challenge! That one has much more of a sombre palette.

Lemog: Comme toujours, je vous remercie pour vos aimables commentaires. : D Pour cela, je vous faire de mon honoraires irlandais frère ... huhuhu ...

Hottaco & phoenix: Thank you!

01 January 2009
honoraires irlandais frère ! huhu... very good in french

01 January 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread