spawning particles from particles

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2009
spawning particles from particles

Hello guys, i will soon have to do fluids and particle works, i tried a few things following allan mc kay tutorials. I managed to spawn different elements but can't seem to spawn particles from existing particles within the same pf source ( for instance, 1 particle generates 5 which generate five as well), is there a link somewhere or is it just simply possible ?

THX a lot in advance

01 January 2009
Dear Pickman,
please use the search function in the particle flow forum. This question has been asked many times already

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...spawn+particles

Depending on your particle count it might work to wrap a particle system into a mesher compound object and then use that as position object for another event/particle system.

kind regards,
anselm

Last edited by PsychoSilence : 01 January 2009 at 05:22 PM.

01 January 2009
Thx a lot Piflik and Psychosilence! I searched the forum, always do, but any thread could make sense to me :-) (i'm a total noob at particles) I found very interesting material on bobo's site but too high level for me
Spawn Test or the Collision Spawn Test. I'll have a look at the doc in order to understand those operators, thx a lot again for your quick replies!

01 January 2009
To spawn particles from existing ones you would use the Spawn Test or the Collision Spawn Test.

01 January 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread