Lakkenäa and Snowball, Diane Özdamar (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2008   #1
Lakkenäa and Snowball, Diane Özdamar (2D)

Title: Lakkenäa and Snowball
Name: Diane Özdamar
Software: Photoshop

This is a quick illustration done for the december part of the DrowInside Calendar by Kanuka76 on DeviantART

Closeups (size : 55% except for the face which is 30%)

WIP steps

Photoshop CS3
Wacom Intuos 3A4
No reference
Original size : 3450px * 10630px, 300 dpi
18 hours approximately.

And now, time for a stupid cute story which adds nothing to the painting :
Lakkenäa is listening to Snowball telling her where she can adopt an other snowdragon (and a specific one by the way : he fell in love with a pretty she-dragon and wants her to be his girlfriend ! ), hence her little smile.
And no, she's not cold, there's some fire behind her and let's pretend she's using magic to feel warm (actually, I was quite tired when I started painting this so I guess my brain was not really working when I put an almost naked woman under snow… Maybe these "dark elves" don't feel cold ? *cough*I know, it's lame*cough*)

I hope you'll like it :)

I know it's still a bit sketchy, but I was already late to give it to Kanuka76 since the official deadline was over :/

I may refine it someday when I have free time though, so constructive critiques are very welcome !

Old 12 December 2008   #2
just beautiful!

Old 12 December 2008   #3
Thank you very much Jojin !

Old 12 December 2008   #4
It's extremely realistic body. Seems made by 3D software!
Very skillful!
And the clothes, and the little dragon... all outstanding!
Congratulations Diane!

Old 12 December 2008   #5
Thank you very much Nathan ! I actually thought it didn't look realistic / 3D enough

Old 12 December 2008   #6
hello diane... good work on the dress and on the dragon. nice flow of her hair and dress, creating an interesting rythm.

good day.

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

Old 12 December 2008   #7
Diane hats off, impressive work

regards

Old 12 December 2008   #8
Wow, thank you very much Waheed and Phoenix !
I really didn't expect such nice comments on this piece, since it looked a bit sketchy compared to my other works…
Thanks a lot !

Old 12 December 2008   #9
That's a nice piece Dianae. I like the overall flow of the picture. There are some nice contrast as well. Good stuff

Old 12 December 2008   #10
Thumbs up

Amazing work Dianae! The dragon is so beautiful!

Old 12 December 2008   #11
Of course, I really appreciate this new drawing... very inspiring, very original... with a perfect composition...

juste un ptit truc qui me fait drôle (ŕ force de regarder peut-ętre), le bas de la fesse gauche me gęne un peu, sans pouvoir vraiment expliquer... peut-ętre pas assez de tension ŕ cause de la cuisse, ou fesse un peu basse... ou simplement un effet d'optique induit par le mouvement du tissu... trčs difficile ŕ dire.

Sorry for the french words... I can't say that in english

Well... anyway, the image is very pleasant... I love her with this particular mood...

continue ŕ nous faire ręver

Old 12 December 2008   #12
Great work Dianae, the colours and the dragon are fantastic, also the feeling of connection between the two is spot on for me

Old 12 December 2008   #13
beautiful!

Old 12 December 2008   #14
Hi Diane !

Absolutly wonderfull ! I love this image, the subject, the composition the colors the details as always. I'm very impressed by the time you have spent on this image, only 15h. O_O

5* for you Diane ^^

Gilles.

Old 12 December 2008   #15
Wow, now that's a huge surprise. Seriously, guys, I really was expecting very harsh critiques and not such a nice feedback. Thank you so much Nicholas, Maria, Laurent Antoine, Dan, David and Gilles !

Mr Lemog : je me suis basée sur une anatomie de personne avec bassin droit, ce qui fait que le pli fessier va trčs loin sur la cuisse et donne cette impression (c'est trčs peu usité de nos jours, vu que c'est un canon de beauté qui date plutôt du moyen-âge… on a tendance ŕ privilégier le bassin incliné qui supprime quasiment le pli fessier et donne une forme plus "ferme"). Mais si c'est vraiment gęnant, j'arrangerai ça

And now in english : I painted a specific anatomy which shows someone with a straight (vertical) pelvis, which causes the "fold" under the bottom to be very long (it's almost not used today, since it was a beauty standard in the Middle Ages. We tend to show people with inclined / leaning pelvis nowadays, which causes this fold to almost disappear and make the bottom cheeks look more "firm" ). Though, if it really looks weird, I'll fix it

Thanks again people !

Thread Closed share thread