Still_Life, Sebastien Chort (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2008
Still_Life, Sebastien Chort (3D)

Title: Still_Life
Name: Sebastien Chort
Software: 3ds max, Brazil r/s

Here is a still life I did for a Gnomon DVD about Materials and Brazil
http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/sch01.html

I did a picture set first and then I redid the scene in 3d.

11 November 2008
Thumbs up

why you show us the photo ? :P
greate lighting shading & overall scene setup only bread bump looking quite wierd... but...
5stars... i have nothing ealse to say...
cheers!

11 November 2008
amazing

Supercharge Your CG Career with Smarter CG techniques.

11 November 2008
awesome
realy realistic
and good work for Gnomo too

11 November 2008
fantastic render, I have several questions, they will be next DVD for Brazil GI setup for render and lighting not in this scenes but in exterior or something like that? and it seems me that this gold thing intrude board, but anyway its a detail and work is very good and I must buy this dvd

I apologize for my bad English

11 November 2008
amaing,Gnomon have render tutorial.

11 November 2008
Hey Sebastien, just bought this DVD haven't gone through it yet will let you know how about my feedback. but the render was really nice i was sold to it

regards

11 November 2008
@ All

thanks a lot for all your comments, it's been a long time since I posted anything on cgsociety, so it's cheering me up to get good feedback.

@Lukez
Well I posted the picture in order to show what I started from, I should probably add some in between steps to show the reproductive process for the modeling and then how I used the materials that are coming with the DVD in order to match my reference.
And yeah you're right the bread is the least successfull item of the picture. I guess mostly because I didn't spend a lot of time on custom material for this practical example . The whole point was to use materials from a material library (done especially for the DVD) and then with minor tweaks being able to achieve a decent looking work in a limited amount of time.

@mrkrzysiek
Yeah you might be right about the "cup" penetrating slightly the wood board ... good catch. Concerning others DVD about Brazil, yeah I think there is another one in preparation by a former Blur colleague

11 November 2008
Great work !! as always

11 November 2008
A darker and dirtier wall and some bread crumbles here and there would have added tons of mood
Alse thre seems to be something strange going on with the shading or shape of the wine, it looks a bit weird

But its still a nice lighting and scene

Last edited by ACiD80 : 11 November 2008 at 04:27 PM.

12 December 2008
Originally Posted by CHRiTTeR: A darker and dirtier wall and some bread crumbles here and there would have added tons of mood
Alse thre seems to be something strange going on with the shading or shape of the wine, it looks a bit weird

But its still a nice lighting and scene

You're totally right, I could have invest a lot more creative input into this instead of basicaly reproducing the original set.
Concerning the shape of the wine I explain in the DVD how to fix that but I didn't fix it myself for the picture

This picture wasn't meant to be anything else than a practical and simple exercise for the DVD in order to use the material library coming with the DVD ( 100 materials) showing how usefull can be the library ... and finally I decided the picture wasn't so bad... but yeah I agree I could easily give it an couple extra hour to make it a lot nicer.

Thanks for those great advices

Cheers

12 December 2008
Cool study man

12 December 2008
Originally Posted by zeb: Thanks for those great advices

I wouldnt dare to give you advice... I saw your profile and where you work, hehe
But that's the same reason i asked myself these questions and now i understand it perfectly.
Im sure its a great and verry informative DVD.

The materials look great btw

12 December 2008
[QUOTE=zeb]@ All

@Lukez
Well I posted the picture in order to show what I started from,...........

i was talking about your render not photo :]
sorry for misunderstanding and againd congratulation of greate work!

12 December 2008
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread