Offset Animation Curves

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2008   #1
Offset Animation Curves

Hi All,

I have a scene which has many object X rotation (of different values) all keyed at once. What I would like to do is to offset the keys on sequential objects such that I get a 'domino effect'. So obj1 has keys at 0, 5. obj2 has keys at 5,10, etc. Can anyone help?

I don't want to use the frameCache node

Old 11 November 2008   #2
aahh... back then 2004... okok it wasn't in the war. For the game Genius - Tech Tycoon I actually made a tool that next to lots of other stuff does exactly that job! Was my first larger Mel-script.

If you want to try it: Have a look here:
geniusAnimToolBox.mel
drop it into maya and type geniusAnimToolBox to the commandline. The tool you want is on the upper right:

But currently it only supports full frames. If thats not enough. tell me and I show you how to script that. Its easy.

Old 11 November 2008   #3
Thanks so much...that's just the ticket. It'd be nice to have a rundown of what the other tools do - many are obvious, but I think I might be missing some features. Grand job!

Old 11 November 2008   #4
you're welcome! :]

its really not much useful stuff.. I mean.. maybe useful if you do simple object animation for buildings... as they well.. build
And as I said its ooooooold! And partly quite poor scripted...

The green part is intended to be for build-up-animations. The red one for wrecking stuff. It did the job back then. And ok It did again for genius 3 ^^ last year. But I already started to write a new tool then... but didn't finish.

Old 11 November 2008   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread