Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Valentine

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2008   #1
Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Valentine

Valentine is entered in the "Steampunk Myths and Legends" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Storyboards / pre-visualization: Storyboard Part 02

Last edited by ValenUA : 11 November 2008 at 10:07 PM. Reason: update.

Old 11 November 2008   #2
Work In Progress: first background concept

Time for a little update. First of all, I'm really glad that my friends Tayfun and NinjaUA at last joined the team.
Each one of us will do his own part of work. Tayfun - Camera, Animation, Storybording; Ninja - concept art, texturing, storybording; and I will do modeling, lighting, rendering, and composing + making some effects like fog and fire.
After a brainstorming ideas we came up to some vision of overall look, story and appearance of the main characters. And so Ninja made some quick sketches:

Cave entrance to Medusa layer.

Last edited by ValenUA : 11 November 2008 at 10:37 PM. Reason: update

Old 11 November 2008   #3
Work In Progress: Character studies

First quick Perseus sketch. That was made really fast, and as you see it lacks small details and coloring. We just wanted to study overall look and build of Perseus and his steampunk armor.

Old 11 November 2008   #4
Work In Progress: Character studies

Some character studies that we made recently to find a look of Perseus, that will feet our story.

Last edited by ValenUA : 11 November 2008 at 11:16 PM.

Old 11 November 2008   #5
Very nice sketches. It looks interesesting. I will be following this thread

Old 11 November 2008   #6
Nice sketches very non cluttered. Nice team entry indeed. Hope you guys finish it.

Old 11 November 2008   #7
Work In Progress: Steam Armor Studies

After face studies, we decided to think out Perseus steam armor detailed look. We tryed diffrent ideas and approaches, and here a some of them.

Last edited by ValenUA : 11 November 2008 at 10:49 PM.

Old 12 December 2008   #8
very nice enter I liked the Perseus design very much and love the fact that you guys picked a myth from Greek mythology! Very nice! I am doing Hercules so we are doing similar things that will surely be interpreted and designed in a very different manner! I am very interested in following up your thread! Great work so far

Old 12 December 2008   #9
Tnx for comment Scied. We too saw your challenge entry, you have some very cool story there. At some point we even thought that a lot of people will enter the challenge with some Greek mythology on their mind, coz it's so rich on different stories. But luckily there is only two of us with Greek myths based scenarios in the video challenge now.

Old 12 December 2008   #10
I'm happy to announce that we have two new members in our team. Both will do modelling and texturing. I will update team list with names and roles a little bit later.

Last edited by ValenUA : 12 December 2008 at 08:25 PM.

Old 12 December 2008   #11
Work In Progress: Сharacter studies continues

Our concept artist, picked one of the recent armor designs and started to sharpen some lines and adding some color to it. But personally I think that initial design of that armor is still looking rather sci-fi then steampunk.

Old 12 December 2008   #12
looking good so far. Love the concepts.
I do agree with your comment about it looking to sci-fi though. I've been having a similar problem with my concepts as well. I think the two can be very similar sometimes.
Anyway keep up the good work and look foward to seeing some more

Old 12 December 2008   #13
Thumbs up

The character designs rocks! keep it up.

Old 12 December 2008   #14
Maaan I wish I could draw and design like that! Awesome work there! The only coment would be that it is very high-tech/ symmetrical/ futuristic like mecha for my taste... but again its only my taste

Keep on posting! your thread is delicious!

Old 12 December 2008   #15
I quite like the mecha'ish vibe of the armour. To get the steampunk look, perhaps its a case of decorating the armour with gold and brass engravings?

Thread Closed share thread