Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Frederic DUBOIS

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2008   #1
Steampunk Myths and Legends Entry: Frederic DUBOIS

Frederic DUBOIS is entered in the "Steampunk Myths and Legends" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Work In Progress: Cerberus ... the beginning ...

Old 11 November 2008   #2
Good luck to everybody

Old 11 November 2008   #3
Storyboards / pre-visualization: The idea

My challenge will be about Hercules and "The Labours of Hercules". I'll take inspiration from the twelfth labor : "To capture Cerberus" for my challenge. I'll use a cartoon style.

Old 11 November 2008   #4
Work In Progress: Start of a character

The start of the head of a character i'll use for my little video ... it's just box modeling ... the character is not a main one so i won't spend too much time on it

Old 11 November 2008   #5
Work In Progress: Character

... the next part of one of my character ...

Old 11 November 2008   #6
Work In Progress: Smooth version

... this is a smooth version of my character ... i'll make some changes and add some colors then i'll post a new capture ...

Old 11 November 2008   #7
Work In Progress: With colors ...

i've add some colors to my character ... need to work more but it's not so bad !

Old 11 November 2008   #8
Cool Character. I like the style in which you are doing this myth.

It looks as though he needs more Geometry in the Shoulder and Elbow area though. Otherwise he won't deform very well when you go to animate him.
Also, based on the wireframe you showed, it looks like the left and right arms have different polys. This might cause problems for the rig.

Good luck to you

-Cheers

Last edited by RageOfAges : 11 November 2008 at 12:31 PM.

Old 11 November 2008   #9
Work In Progress: Near paradise !

i've added some "preview" elements to the character ... they are not definitive, i'll make again clouds ... but it's for me to get an idea of what it will be ...

Old 11 November 2008   #10
Originally Posted by RageOfAges: Cool Character. I like the style in which you are doing this myth.

It looks as though he needs more Geometry in the Shoulder and Elbow area though. Otherwise he won't deform very well when you go to animate him.
Also, based on the wireframe you showed, it looks like the left and right arms have different polys. This might cause problems for the rig.

Good luck to you

-Cheers
Thanks, for polys you're right i'll correct it.

Old 11 November 2008   #11
Hello boy... yes... this style is really interesting and could feel well with the story...

and my first council was the same than RageOfAges... more polys... and more well arranged...

with the actual topology... I can't think about animation !

Pour courage pour la suite, on reste branché !

Old 11 November 2008   #12
Fred tu devrais faire application à Playmobil!

-Joel
PS I liked your Master and Servant Entry.

Old 11 November 2008   #13
... (( )) ...

Old 11 November 2008   #14
Work In Progress: A large view

A large view of the paradise ... lot's of things to change but it's a "work in progress" image ... i've changed the topology of the character added a lift to go down to hell (!)... i think i'll soon start cerberus and Hercules in the SteamPunk style because i want to spend some time on them ...

Old 11 November 2008   #15
Originally Posted by RageOfAges: Cool Character. I like the style in which you are doing this myth.

Good luck to you

-Cheers

That's done ! I've made a mirror for arms so now they are same and added some geometry. I'll work more on beard then i'll try to rig to see the result and to put his hand on same position as before. Thanks for comment !

Thread Closed share thread