Riptide Pro - v1.2 Update

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2008   #1
Riptide Pro - v1.2 Update

Riptide Pro version 1.2 is now available in the downloads section of my site. This update includes a face-lift, an updated German translation, better Material import control among other things. The details are below...

v1.2

• Created new Icons and Logos...
    I thought the Pro version deserved it's own icons and decided to re-invent my "Red-i Productions" logo while I was at it.
  • Logo rendering in I/O dialogs is finally 'fixed' ...
    In all previous versions (including Riptide Classic), the logos were being scaled oddly in the Import and Export dialogs - they're finally being rendered at the correct size.
  • Included new German strings by Mathias Weil (mad4d) - Thanks mad!
  • Added Mesh and Spline Layer options...
    You now have the option of creating "NewMesh" and "NewSpline" layers along with all the previous Layer options.
  • Redesigned Material Import options...
    The previous implementation of Material import control was not working exactly as I had envisioned and was somewhat confusing as well. I have redesigned how Material importing works to a) make more sense and b) added functionality. See the updated Import->Materials section for details.
  • Added a new mechanism to update existing Presets with default values for any new options...
    I have added code that will try to update any existing Presets with some 'default' values for any new options that are added or changed. For example, the previous release added new Layer options (for Phong, UVW and No! rmal Tags), but you had to know to manually go and enable thes! e. This release also adds the Mesh and Spline Layer options and the code will update all of your presets to Enable these by default. Of course if you don't want these enabled, you'll have to go update your Presets manually anyway (always a good idea with a new version of the plugin).
...this is a free update for all registered users.

Cheers,

Keith

Last edited by Keith Young : 11 November 2008 at 06:03 PM.

Old 11 November 2008   #2
great, just bought it!
cheers
stefan

Old 11 November 2008   #3
Thanks stefan - I just sent your license key .

BTW, I haven't really looked at VRay yet, but at some point I may want to talk to you about VRay 'Material' details (all I know so far is that you have a plugin material, but I don't know how different they are from regular C4D materials).

Currently, Riptide Pro looks at the Material type and ignores any 'plugin' Materials and Shaders (it won't update them and doesn't bother trying to read them when exporting).

Thanks again,

Keith

Old 11 November 2008   #4
Thanks,
yes sure we can talk if you need something for that:-)
cheers
stefan

Old 11 November 2008   #5
Originally Posted by lllab: great, just bought it!
cheers
stefan

And how do I buy this? The link is for a download, not a purchase page. I'm hoping there is a quick PayPal option.

Old 11 November 2008   #6
Originally Posted by Ernest Burden: And how do I buy this? The link is for a download, not a purchase page. I'm hoping there is a quick PayPal option.

Hi Ernest,

In addition to PayPal, I just added Amazon.com's PayNow service as a payment option for anyone who's interested or can't use PayPal. The links are at the bottom of the Riptide Pro product page.

EDIT: Something about posting (or clicking on?) links here is always screwy on my system... if that link doesn't work for you, it should be:

http: / / skinprops.com / riptidepro.php

...but without all the spaces

Cheers,

Keith

Last edited by Keith Young : 11 November 2008 at 04:19 PM.

Old 11 November 2008   #7
Sorry to go OT, but does anyone else have that link problem? When I click on the links I post here (something simple, like http: / / skinprops.com ), the page comes up, but most of the normal 'content' is missing, just leaving the headers and such. It's almost like some .css is getting stomped on.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Keith

Old 11 November 2008   #8
Ernest i clicked on it and was send to paypal.
for me it worked

cheers
stefan

Old 11 November 2008   #9
The link worked fine for me, as did paying with PayPal.

Thanks. Now I just have to get around to buying my C4Dv11 (been too busy with on-going projects to upgrade).

Old 11 November 2008   #10
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread