PFlow facing viewport like Snow particle system

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2008   #1
Question PFlow facing viewport like Snow particle system

Hello everyone.
I wondered if it is possible to have in the system PFlow the same process as in the system Snow when we put it in Facing, i mean that the particles are always facing us, without creating camera (thus without using Shape Facing in PFlow).
Is there a method or a script?

Old 11 November 2008   #2
whats wrong with shape facing? if u want to have a different shape then the card it creates just drop in a nother shape operator right after the shape facing and u have facing custom shapes...

anselm

Old 11 November 2008   #3
In fact if I have a lot of camera, how is that particles are in front of the one I want to use without going every time into the shape facing operator?

Old 11 November 2008   #4
Originally Posted by PsychoSilence: if u want to have a different shape then the card it creates just drop in a nother shape operator right after the shape facing and u have facing custom shapes...

Freakin' cool, I didn't know that!

Old 11 November 2008   #5
Originally Posted by Glacierise: Freakin' cool, I didn't know that!

yeah, shape facing defines shape and changing rotation, adding the shape instance below it will only override the shape, but still retain the rotation. Pretty cool. Usually when i use shape facing, i end up changing the shape anyway using that method.

Yeah but whats wrong with using shape facing? you don't need to look at a camera, it can be another node or helper.

Old 09 September 2009   #6
facing viewport?

I was wondering the same thing, if shape facing can look at viewport, not camera or object. Does anybody know how to?

Old 09 September 2009   #7
face shaping node and shdows please help

I am trying to turn off shadows on a PF source shape facing node. According to another thread here on CG Talk I should just right click on the shape facing node and turn off shadows. When I right click on the shape facing node all I get are options to insert and append etc. There are no options for shadows, motion blur etc. Turning off the cast shadows by right clicking on the PF Source icon in the interface does not help either. Any help would be much appreciated.

All the very best,

Darren

Old 09 September 2009   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread