Render alphas for ObjectIDs

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2008   #1
Render alphas for ObjectIDs

Hi!
Is there a way to render an alpha for every single ObjectID-Layer? Rendering all ObjectIDs into a single imagesequence is of no worth for me as I always get the problem to "key" the different ObjectID-colors apart from each other. I get Anti-Aliasing-Problems then and the key takes quite much time.
There must be a sipler way to render different objects to different layers that can be easily extracted in post.
Yes, I know rpf but I haven't made any good experiences with it so far. They tend to lead to corrupted images and all.
---www.digitale-archaeologie.de---

Old 10 October 2008   #2
Try the matte render element.

Old 10 October 2008   #3
If you are using mental ray, there's the awesome 'render subset of scene' shader, I use that all the time. You'll need at least Max 2008 for it. You can also try Lucashi's pass manager - it should be great.

Old 10 October 2008   #4
I only use pure selfilluminated Red, Green and Blue for masks.

I xRef Object my scene into a new file, apply materials to the xRef objects, then repeat until I've got masks for everything I have everything, I've developed a few tools to help this but it would be nice to have it automatically do it all on one render... :( but things like multimat and wirecolor etc don't have true antialiasing.

Old 10 October 2008   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread