Mudbox 2009 out now!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2008
Mudbox 2009 out now!

Buy Mudbox 2009!

Check out the Mudbox 2009 Trial Version

See the Documentation

System Specs

Enjoy!

10 October 2008
Yay. Congrats mud guys

10 October 2008
I was expecting it to be below $300 to upgrade from Mudbox basic. Mudbox 2009 looks like a really cool program but I am having some trouble convincing myself to get it at the $480 upgrade price tag when I would only use it for hobby purposes. A program like 3D Coat is kinda looking more attractive to me at the moment for 3d painting purposes. Maybe I will download the trial to see what it's like anyway.

10 October 2008
How's everyone finding the trial? I've just installed it and opened the Base Human. It runs like an absolute dog. I've got 4GB RAM, Dual Core 2.66Ghz, 7800GS (yes, slightly old). Mudbox 1.0 is smooth as hell though.

It's doing exactly the same as Maya does on my system if you click the mesh just once, CPU goes to 100% for a few seconds and then it selects the mesh. Is this because my GPU isn't a Quadro? Because thats what Autodesk Maya support told me.

I was going to purchase immediately but will hold off now. Might have to wait to see what the qualified specs are.

10 October 2008
Nice but it's a shame the site is dominated by Autodesks site style.

Pixologic got it right with the amount of control they have over their product and their marketing techniques.

Looks awesome though. IMHO they could do with improving the site to better sell the product.

10 October 2008
Night and Day...

Fantastic job!

10 October 2008
I guess what I mean by that is I'm on level 10, sculpting 26 Mil, with AO and IBL with no lag.

Uhm, night and day. Most impressive upgrade I can remember.

10 October 2008
I'm using an ATI XTX-1900X, doesn't support the AO filter!!

Initial thoughts, well when I tumble, paint or whatever, after I carry out a certain function I have to wait for 1 sec before I can do anything! Not too happy about that.

Will have a proper play later but I did crash the programme a few times trying to load a simple obj file I created ages ago...

Website
Life in Black and White

10 October 2008
Non-Smooth Shaded results in faces flickering black, along with every function having a delay on it. Latest GPU drivers are installed.

10 October 2008
I have it on pre-order

10 October 2008
do you guys think its possible to upgrade from basic to pro. i have mbox 1 basic

10 October 2008
Hmmm I'm not sold on this version, whenever I am in sculpt mode I have a serious 1 sec lag at any sub-D level before I can carry out sculpting/rotating the model.

However in paint mode I can paint a series of strokes no problem.

Maybe my quad core isn't cutting it these days although it can still tumble a 32m poly with an average 35fps! Such a shame about the lag as that is killing me...

Website
Life in Black and White

10 October 2008
I should clarify my specs. The below machine is the home one.

I am trying this out on a Q6600 4GB ram 8800GT (latest certified driver)

10 October 2008
Edit:

Updated my Nvidia Drivers and the Crashes stoped uff

Now lets play

Last edited by Sil3 : 10 October 2008 at 06:43 PM.

10 October 2008
Originally Posted by DuttyFoot: do you guys think its possible to upgrade from basic to pro. i have mbox 1 basic

Ya you can upgrade from basic to pro for $450 US.

Thread Closed share thread