The Showdown - Character - Fasty

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2003   #1
The Showdown - Character - Fasty

Righto! Count me tentativly as "in". Details to come!

Old 06 June 2003   #2
Good Luck.

"You're tall aren't you"!!

Old 06 June 2003   #3
Right well here are some ideas...

1. Theseus vs Minotaur: Can't do it because of the rules :( Maybe I could have an anonymous minotaur fighting an anonymous minotaur?

2. Funny Spazzy Robot Vs Something else: I don't know, I just quickly modelled a funny looking box robot and thought it would be cool to animate. Any ideas on who he could fight?

Tired now, more ideas tomorrow

Old 06 June 2003   #4
Hey fasty

Im a low key fan of your cell shade work...hope you do something in that area.

As for ideas how about this one.

Make your robot look like a television (almost does) and have him either fight a T.V. Repairmen or a Leathal Remote control.

Sort of a Toy Story parody if you get where Im coming from. But what ever you decide good luck and glad to see you jumping in the fray.

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."

Old 06 June 2003   #5
I'm a huge fan of old-school versus new-school. Here is an idea - why not make your old-style robot fight a more modern, ergonomic, sleek, futuristic robot. I think that could be comical, and you could make them fight over something like a "Hall of Robot Fame" award, which robot is used by someone, or simply over a new CPU chip. Just some ideas...

Old 06 June 2003   #6
Hey Kid Mesh, I was toying with the idea of doing something celshaded, but I'm not sure. The novelty has kind of warn off for me lately, but if it fits the idea then I'll most definately try to reignite the spark!
Nice idea, Littlebrother, I was having similar ones myself. A friend suggested pitting an orc against a robot, which got me thinking about fantasy vs sci-fi.
I have a dragon model I'm working on that I'd like to finish and create a test animation for, but I can't think of anything interesting to pit against it, other than a typical warrior. That could be fun though!

Other than that, here are some more ideas:

A 2D cartoon fighting a clay model, each using their different characteristics to outwit the opposition. In the end a 3D CG character comes in and beats them both

Just a cool kungfu showdown...

Drat I thought I had more ideas than that. Anyway, I'd better get back to work!

Old 06 June 2003   #7
Well whatever you decide my friend I know it will be sweet!

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."

Old 06 June 2003   #8
Ok I'm jumping in the deep end. I'm going to try for the dragon vs the warrior, a full blown 20 second animated battle in a month

I'm reworking my dragon to make him pose better.

click to enlarge

Old 06 June 2003   #9
whoa

Old 06 June 2003   #10
looks like u're about to dive into a huge project with warrior and dragon. good luck!!

Old 06 June 2003   #11
I'm definately getting faster at modelling and rigging. This knight took about 3 hours from go to woah. He's not too detailed, but probably will only be viewed from long to medium range.

Click to enlarge!

We're knights of the round table, we dance whenever we're able!

Old 06 June 2003   #12
Wow, looks ambitious! Good luck.

Old 06 June 2003   #13
All I can say is that you have 20 seconds, storyboard it out wisely; good luck to you, and I'm watching this post.

Old 06 June 2003   #14
I've finished rigging the dragon. I'm in the process of doing some test animations which I'll post when done.

Click to Enlarge

Click to Enlarge

EDIT: Oops, I accidentally posted under my girlfriends username. This is Fasty.

Last edited by Bonstar : 06 June 2003 at 09:18 AM.

Old 06 June 2003   #15
My girlfriend, Bonnie, made me a background to stage the battle in. Pretty cool, huh? I'll definately lighten it up for the final animation so you can see what's going on. Now to start storyboarding.

share thread