3D animated short film

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  09 September 2008
3D animated short film

I'm a professional 3D animator in search of other talents to work on a short film. I have a script and some rough concept sketches to work from. I'm a game developer and have worked on numerous triple 'A' titles that sold zillions of copies. I'm very well connected and there's good chance our group work can be picked up by a huge company.
______
here's the basic premise of the project:
Style: Southpark/Simpson's humor, meshed together with Gorillaz style art and animation (but more realistic).
Age spectrum: Primarily, the cast consists of high school seniors, college students and college grads, but not limited to.
Content: explicit language, partial nudity, mild violence
______

______________________________
UPDATE 08-29-09








http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7839/dino3d.jpg[/IMG][/URL]


UPDATE 12-16-08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_6XflKDMkI

"I'm a turtle, M***er F*****s!!"




UPDATE 11-10-08

__________________
The Grand Daddy of Animation.

Last edited by Cannysage : 09 September 2009 at 05:06 AM.
 
  09 September 2008
UPDATE 10-30-09
I badly need an experienced character rigger who can rig the 2 characters. HELP please!
I want to start animating all the episodes that I have written and recorded! This is the last
bottleneck task that I need done.


UPDATE 10-17-08
*updated added 15 or so more seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryRbZSp6knc



character update
__________________
The Grand Daddy of Animation.

Last edited by Cannysage : 10 October 2009 at 06:44 PM.
 
  09 September 2008
Well I can help out if you have some action in the film^^
 
  09 September 2008
Originally Posted by FE_Cyril: Well I can help out if you have some action in the film^^


very cool. what do you do?
I forgot to add 'animator' to the list of peeps that's needed.
__________________
The Grand Daddy of Animation.
 
  09 September 2008
Well not much concerning the actual 3d work.
I am a choreographer so what I do is make a storyboard of the action sequence so that an animator can work from it.

I use maya so I plan out the sequence and import a few characters(usually models from the short itself...not dummies) and pose them as the action is supposed to go and make renders of the poses,add description for the speed and the posture of the body or velocity of a hit etc.That I kinda write as a storyboard so that is what I pass on to the animator and he works with that.Usually I like to keep in touch throughout the whole production so its not just that i give you pointers and leave you be.I like to make sure things look as I have them in my head so I basicly work with animators till the final render.

I know its not much help because I am not a modeler nor an animator but if you need help with action I can help out

Cheers
 
  09 September 2008
Well,i've been lurking around here every now and then,and i would offer my assistance.
For the past 6/7 years i've been modeling 3dsmax/CAD,hardedge/polygonal and spline/nurbs.
I've been participating in several mod-teams,aswell as leading one.
For the most part doing military vehicles,weapons,and architecture.Also experienced in environment development ,leveldesign,and texturing(handpainted aswell as production)
Currently im working on a total conversion mod for Crysis named 28-months-later,as a 3d Modeler/Texturer.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/28-months-later
In the past i've worked on several game engines (all UT engines,Ogre,Falcon Engine,BF- engine,and the Cryengines)
For me now the time has come to get serious about this,and this would be a good opportunity.
Currently my portfolio site is under construction,due to switching ISP,but i can pm you some work if you want.(Hopefully the site is up and running again by the end of the week..)

I am a very dedicated designer,who can work well under pressure,work on multiple tasks in a deadline determined environment.I can work well in a team,aswell as an individual.I am also capable of putting concepts into reality.

Sincerely,

Bjorn Seinstra

Last edited by StSabath : 09 September 2008 at 07:45 PM.
 
  09 September 2008
progress

well just curious but do u actually have anything to show for your hard work as of yet. it really seems like u know what your doing, but I was just wondering how far have u come.
 
  09 September 2008
Cannysage..? you still need people?

Last edited by StSabath : 09 September 2008 at 04:38 PM.
 
  09 September 2008
Originally Posted by FE_Cyril: Well not much concerning the actual 3d work.
I am a choreographer so what I do is make a storyboard of the action sequence so that an animator can work from it.

I use maya so I plan out the sequence and import a few characters(usually models from the short itself...not dummies) and pose them as the action is supposed to go and make renders of the poses,add description for the speed and the posture of the body or velocity of a hit etc.That I kinda write as a storyboard so that is what I pass on to the animator and he works with that.Usually I like to keep in touch throughout the whole production so its not just that i give you pointers and leave you be.I like to make sure things look as I have them in my head so I basicly work with animators till the final render.

I know its not much help because I am not a modeler nor an animator but if you need help with action I can help out

Cheers


excellent! I have a few rough, stories that you can help me out with. I can also give you a rudimentary Maya setup (with boxes) that I can forward to your very soon and we can get this rolling.


Originally Posted by StSabath: Well,i've been lurking around here every now and then,and i would offer my assistance.
For the past 6/7 years i've been modeling 3dsmax/CAD,hardedge/polygonal and spline/nurbs.
I've been participating in several mod-teams,aswell as leading one.
For the most part doing military vehicles,weapons,and architecture.Also experienced in environment development ,leveldesign,and texturing(handpainted aswell as production)
Currently im working on a total conversion mod for Crysis named 28-months-later,as a 3d Modeler/Texturer.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/28-months-later
In the past i've worked on several game engines (all UT engines,Ogre,Falcon Engine,BF- engine,and the Cryengines)
For me now the time has come to get serious about this,and this would be a good opportunity.
Currently my portfolio site is under construction,due to switching ISP,but i can pm you some work if you want.(Hopefully the site is up and running again by the end of the week..)

I am a very dedicated designer,who can work well under pressure,work on multiple tasks in a deadline determined environment.I can work well in a team,aswell as an individual.I am also capable of putting concepts into reality.

Sincerely,

Bjorn Seinstra


Your help would be absolutely invaluable!!! please send me a few sameples!! I will PM you my email address.. I really appreciate having a industry professional step up to the plate!
__________________
The Grand Daddy of Animation.
 
  09 September 2008
Originally Posted by wind27382: well just curious but do u actually have anything to show for your hard work as of yet. it really seems like u know what your doing, but I was just wondering how far have u come.


I still need more staff. I'm in dire need of a talented character modelers and concept artists. I've proposed a good friend of mine to lend a hand on the concept department. Partial audio has been recorded and I'll be setting up dummy objects in maya very soon. The ball's rolling and it won't be another stalemate project that loses steam.
__________________
The Grand Daddy of Animation.
 
  09 September 2008
Originally Posted by Cannysage: I still need more staff. I'm in dire need of a talented character modelers and concept artists. I've proposed a good friend of mine to lend a hand on the concept department. Partial audio has been recorded and I'll be setting up dummy objects in maya very soon. The ball's rolling and it won't be another stalemate project that loses steam.


P.S
My concept artist friend decided to join the team!! she's an incredible artist and I'm very please to have her on board!!

so far we have

2 modelers
1 concept artist
1 3d animator
1 choreographer?
__________________
The Grand Daddy of Animation.

Last edited by Cannysage : 09 September 2008 at 10:21 PM.
 
  09 September 2008
Thumbs up

Hi,
I'm Soumitra Saha, working as a 3dartist in Mumbai,India. I've 3+ years of experience as a 3d artist. I'm experienced in modeling, texturing, rigging and animaton. You can see my works in www.animking.blogspot.com . I'm willing to work as a freelance artist. If I'm suitable for you please! contact me.
__________________
Thanks,
soumitra saha
http://www.animking.blogspot.com/
 
  09 September 2008
i can compose high quality music for te film
 
  09 September 2008
Originally Posted by Cannysage: excellent! I have a few rough, stories that you can help me out with. I can also give you a rudimentary Maya setup (with boxes) that I can forward to your very soon and we can get this rolling.


Would be great mate.I would need those stories to get a feel of the characters and that setup sounds great,so send it over on my mail when you have it.

Cheers
 
  09 September 2008
Hi

I`d like to join this project too. I am familiar with each section of maya. My special skills are modeling and rigging. I Can do some soundediting too or just help with creative ideas.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.