Cinema Screen+PC anyone using this combo?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2003   #1
Cinema Screen+PC anyone using this combo?

Tonight I was at a friends house, he had 1 of those unbelievably sweet 22" Apple Cinema screens and a G4. I have read online since I returned home, that with an adapter it can be hooked up to a PC. The only drawback is the monitor doesn't have any picture control as the mac regulates the picture through software(and the pc won't auto shut the monitor). Anyone use a cinema screen with their pc? If so is there some sort of software available to adjust the pic on a pc? Are you happy with the performance of the screen? Thanx for any help!

Old 06 June 2003   #2
I don't know of any software...but I did see the adapter and videocard bundle in 3dlabs newsletter I get....I don't know if anyone else(meaning videocard company) is able to do this but here is some info on what u r looking for but I don't know anyone who has the setup cause of the cost plus if u can only use the oxygen line of cards to do this....then u r going back in performance just for the use of apple cinema displays.....but it would be a nice thing if apple would make their apple cinema displays for pc users like u and me.....

here is the link for the article I recieved

http://www.3dlabs.com/whatsnew/accelerator/issue02.pdf

plus u can contact 3dlabs and ask them if their new line of cards can support this feature with the adapter bundle as well

but I'm pretty sure it won't be cheap

Old 06 June 2003   #3
Thanx ICP, but the nvidia cards are supporting it as well. A little further investigation provided me with tihs info, here's a link if you are interested:

http://pc.latestvideogames.com/inde...de.electronics/

Old 06 June 2003   #4
Apple sells and adaptor that takes the proprietary power/video connector and splits it into DVI/power. With this adaptor it is just like any other DVI LCD display. They originally did this so that people could use the display with their PowerBooks which just have a GeForce4GO so it should work with any video card with DVI.

Gallery Pages
SFS Forum is here. 2MB attachments are allowed on these forums.
SFS Gallery is here. 50MB free display space for your artwork.

Old 06 June 2003   #5
Just get a mac.

Old 06 June 2003   #6
LOL @ Sporq! I am in the process of getting a dual xeon workstation, I don't use maya or lightwave so a mac is out of the question!

Old 01 January 2006   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread