The Horde, Ward (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2003
EnvironmentŠAnimal : The Horde

Hi Guys,

Here is my latest pic, at this time I tried to concentrate on the mood instead of the photorealism,

bye

ward

balazs.p.kiss(at)gmail.com
www.balazskiss.com

-

06 June 2003
Thats beautiful, the landscape is excellently done.
[COLOR=orange-red] My Cinema 4D Resource site[/COLOR]

06 June 2003
hey that's excellent ! is it 2D or 3D ? or a mix of matte and CG...? Beautifull work !

06 June 2003
That looks really fantastic, but there is something odd about the lighting. Are parts of this comped together from different pictures? Because overall the tones seem a bit muddled, and,a s I mentioned, the lighting seems a bit off.

Very cool subject though, I like the pic a lot

06 June 2003
very excellent...i wanna see that person who's behind the elephant lol .....sorry i'm a curious little pixie

06 June 2003
hiya,

Many thanks for the replys guys. These makes this very cloudy morning (here in West Yorshire/England :() very nice

ok, so I was a little bit tired yesterday when I published, so I forgot to write any details.

So, yeah, you are right nanabaky, the background is a kind of matte painting stuff with loads of photos and painting works as well. As you know, you never have the right image/photo you want.
The rest of the image is 3D, the elephants and the troll like creatures (behind the elephs ) These were made in Maya and rendered with Mentaray and composited in PS.

and a couple of words about the lighting: First of all thanks for your comments, I appreciate it very much. I had to cheat with the light setup a little bit and I had to use some additional fill lights in the foreground also, because the original light setup, - what was based on the mood of background - hid all the little details of the elephants. Therefore I moved the key light a little bit left to show more from the elephants head and made the edge light bigger and I put some fill lights close to the first elephant. I wanted to concentrate the first impression at this time instead of the photorealism.
but anyway, I made some changes and updated the image with the new version, hope you like it

bye

ward
balazs.p.kiss(at)gmail.com
www.balazskiss.com

-

06 June 2003
I love that rocks, bushes, ground...!
Nice mood!... I agree with the odd lighting comment though...

Beautiful!

f.

my first post: "Environment: Setting for the game Duality"

06 June 2003
Wow nice mood.

Only a suggestion: maybe you could add some subtle reflecting light (radiosity) from the rocks on the right to the belly and the legs of the elephant. It coulld define its shape much better.

06 June 2003
OMG Bal!!!
THis is amazing work it's seamless? Whats cg whats painted?? I can't tell the difference!! It's so great. I love it! Man keep me posted.

I'll give you the
John
My Website

06 June 2003
Nice work

06 June 2003
Well, despite the slight oddities (thanks for the explanation, by the way ), I still think this is front page material

I've plugged it

06 June 2003
greaT! i feel the mood! welldone!

06 June 2003
wow! That's a beautiful image.
Very nice mood.

06 June 2003
looks fine, but some shadows are not soft and light .. also to improvements. Generally picture

06 June 2003
Looks good one suggestion would be a bit of lighting on the weapons. I think that they are supposed to shine a bit err that might be just that I love weapons lol. Anyways great job one of my favs

Thread Closed share thread