Glu3D Follow operator for PFlow possible?!?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2008
Glu3D Follow operator for PFlow possible?!?

Hy Community,
a Glur3D&PFlow question/demand: imo it would be great to have a Glu3D Follow operator just like the FumeFX Follow operator. Basicly BirthGlu does that but after you add a test event the motion doesn´t get inherited

any ideas? and maybe an operator in the near future pipeline at 3DAliens?!? Glu3D Velocity/Follow would be an essential operator!

Any ideas from skilled personal around here?

The workaround atm is to have a simple PFlow with a Glu3D Birth and nothing else when your Glu3D Sim went through >> then caching that Glu3D Birth out with Krakatoa >> then using a Krakatoa File Position in every event or when u need to look up Glu3D movement...

Thanks in advanve and greetings!

Anselm

Last edited by PsychoSilence : 07 July 2008 at 08:02 PM.

07 July 2008
yep definately a long-winded event... couldn't a box3 op be built to perform such a pipeline?

I'd say your best chance is to email Santiago Renondo directly. This feature would more than likely need more work than the quick fix pflow scale referencing request I made, but it's worth a pop

email him over at info@3daliens.com as they have said themselves that they don't get that much chance to check the forums

Pete

07 July 2008
mailed him once today already...

there´s a new pwrapper version out and the customers don´t get informed properly :( i would like to be in an email pool that informs me about updates and gives me a download ticket link or so...

i adressed the glu3dvelocity issue in the glu forum at his site days ago already too.

i gonna perform some box#3 kung fu and will post it here! gonna share the preset f´sure once i figured something out!

i use the PRT cache hack though. works fine but u gotta HAVE krakatoa in the first place...

i guess i´ll drop a few lines once i´m done with R&D about it.

anselm

07 July 2008
There you go, big chief!

there u go...sacrificed 5 min during lunch break.

note that the velocity/speed vector is ****ed up for now. working on that.. if u would display the particles as lines they are still not matching with the initial speed from the first event AND when u change the integration steps that has an effect on the scaling...

the write data op has to be global to be accessable in any other event!

but well...it´s a start.

with kindest regards,
anselm
Attached Images
File Type: gif box3_glu_follow.gif (89.6 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by PsychoSilence : 07 July 2008 at 07:20 PM.

07 July 2008
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread