Cave of future , Tymoteusz Chliszcz (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2008   #1
Cave of future , Tymoteusz Chliszcz (2D)

Title: Cave of future
Name: Tymoteusz Chliszcz
Software: Photoshop

Hi everyone!
This is my vision birth of The New Form.
I painted this image in photoshop by tablet assistance- Digital painting
The original size was 6000x4000px.

Old 07 July 2008   #2
Whoa. I'm surprised no one has commented on this picture.
The problem with CGtalk's forums, is many of the artists posting here are already of such a high caliber, that it is easy for an artwork like this to slip through the cracks.

Personally I love this piece. It's like something you would find in a trendy new art-gallery. The colours are very sharp, and I like how the blue draws your attention. It is a deep blue, almost hinting at violet tendencies.
Not sure about the triangle though, in my opinion you could have the blue light and still have a strong piece. I would probably fade the triangle a bit more, make it more subtle?

But I really like this piece. Good job Chliszcz! The best things this piece has going for it would be: the colour, and the abstractedness hinting at a cave,.

Old 07 July 2008   #3
Seeing the psychedelic colors of your cave gave me the idea to try looking at the image with Chromatek 3D glasses. I gave it a try and it looked pretty cool; you should check it out! If you're not familiar with these particular type of 3D glasses, they use chroma shifting filters that make warm colors seem closer and cool colors seem further away. It works best with highly saturated colors like you've used. Ideally, you would need to shift a few of the colors around in your image to get a more perfect effect; but it already has some real depth as is.

They are available through: http://www.berezin.com/3d/3dglasses.htm#ChromaDepth), but I'd guess they're available elsewhere too if you look around.

Just an idea that you might have fun with!

Old 07 July 2008   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread