Conference Schwag

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2008
Conference Schwag

Tell us about the free stuff that we should get this year!
Where are the cool t-shirts?
And if you can provide pics even better!
-R
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

07 July 2008
Well, the next Pixar windup teapot is the one I'm most looking forward to. Probably going to be WALL-E inspired.

07 July 2008
Originally Posted by malducin: Well, the next Pixar windup teapot is the one I'm most looking forward to. Probably going to be WALL-E inspired.

how many of them do they give out? is it a rarity?

07 July 2008
Originally Posted by BColbourn: how many of them do they give out? is it a rarity?

Semi-rarity. The Pixar booth does give out aton of schwag, though usually it's posters from their latest film. At least they got organized las year. Two years ago I was almost trampled like the running of the bulls in Barcelona. They hand out 1 per person, but since they give them several times a day during the exhibition, you may end up with several. Here's a look at them:

Swag Attack: RenderMan Walking Teapots
Pixar Teapots

The only one not mentioned is the 2007, the Ratatouille one (it has a chef hat on top). Maybe after SIGGRAPH I can see if anyone has some extra old ones for swapping.

07 July 2008
Apart from the teapot, I'm still looking for a t-shirt that fits women. Everybody seems to give away free shirts for men that look like a tent on me. Last year's light blue Siggraph lady shirt, otoh, was awesome.

08 August 2008
last year google had a nice ladies tee with a teapot replacing one of the G's. had to be there early in the morning and early in the conference to get one though... from then on its large and in charge shirts.

08 August 2008
Originally Posted by ElectricSheep: Apart from the teapot, I'm still looking for a t-shirt that fits women. Everybody seems to give away free shirts for men that look like a tent on me. Last year's light blue Siggraph lady shirt, otoh, was awesome.

We plan to give out really nice t-shirts at our booth 1437 this year (Trinity3D.COM) that are vray themed. I'll save the design as a surprise for the show. But stop by and mention you are from CGTalk to grab one! And we definitely got a lot of them in size M so that it can fit women. If it still is not small enough, a good hot wash and dry ought to shrink these cotton Tees another 20%

Jim

08 August 2008
Question Schwag times?

Anyone know of any official times for the schwag giveaways? I know Pixar had certain times for the posters and teapots, and Google had specific times for their shirts.

The only giveaway times I know are from Animation Mentor and that is Tuesday and Wednesday at 1:00, they aren't saying what they are giving out, just that it's LE.

I know last year some of this info leaked early, thanks ahead of time!

-Katie

08 August 2008
Originally Posted by ElectricSheep: Apart from the teapot, I'm still looking for a t-shirt that fits women. Everybody seems to give away free shirts for men that look like a tent on me. Last year's light blue Siggraph lady shirt, otoh, was awesome.

I have this problem too. However, if you are feeling particularly creative, do a google search for "t-shirt surgery" or "re-crafting". There are tons of sites that tell you how to "mod" a t-shirt. Here's one as an example. Just the tip of the iceburg.

My website:
www.cleverevans.com

08 August 2008
I already have a boucher for my first swag: an Iron Man Mark 1 bobble-head, courtesy of NewTek.

08 August 2008
Originally Posted by Titus: I already have a boucher for my first swag: an Iron Man Mark 1 bobble-head, courtesy of NewTek.

how'd you get that?

08 August 2008
http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/tha...=WEB2284G49FU2Y

08 August 2008
Everyone better get out of my way, I AM SO GETTING THIS YEAR'S WALKING TEAPOT!!!

Computer graphics is 1% setup and 99% tweak.

08 August 2008
Originally Posted by jpiette: Everyone better get out of my way, I AM SO GETTING THIS YEAR'S WALKING TEAPOT!!!

But aren't you the enemy, Miss Dreamworks? hahaha

08 August 2008
We should post the weirdest bit of schwag we got: I got an icepack from Boxx.

share thread