Veteran
portfolio
Lloyd Romero
Animator
USA

Send a message via AIM to LRomero
Digital Cameras

Hey guys,

My trusty digi cam is not usable anymore so I'm finally in the market for a new digital camera. This is mainly for reference work and to continue building my library of photos for mattes.

Need something light, speedy and will not be a bulk to carry around. Wide angle lens would be nice. Sometimes I shoot the occasional video to get reference for animation, but nothing that has to be 'professional' quality.

Anyone have experiences to share ones they've bought recently? I've looked around at some and leaning towards a Canon, maybe an 870 or an 1100. Give me your advice! As far as budget I'm looking to spend $200-250ish (give or take).

Thanks guys!

Old 07-18-2008, 03:26 PM   #2
P_T
Wing Chun Veteran

David Wu
Model
Sydney, Australia

Might as well get that 870. Seems like it has wider angle at 28mm, about one extra f-stop and slightly faster shutter speed. Quality wise, those two seem to be comparable.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/

Go to that site and see what people think of those cameras as well as official review.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
LRomero
Veteran
portfolio
Lloyd Romero
Animator
USA

Send a message via AIM to LRomero
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_T
Might as well get that 870. Seems like it has wider angle at 28mm, about one extra f-stop and slightly faster shutter speed. Quality wise, those two seem to be comparable.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/

Go to that site and see what people think of those cameras as well as official review.

Hey P_T, thanks for the reply. I've actually checked that site out before. Just trying to get some responses from anyone that may be more in this field who may have any suggestions for quick shoot cams.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:44 PM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread